Recently, a website has published a list of the top ten trusted persons in the crypto space and this list has sparked some controversy. The first discrepancy one will notice is the fact that the list does not contain Satoshi Nakamoto. Yes, the founder of the industry is not included in the list of most trusted people. While most of the list contains really popular and influential people like the founder of Ethereum and the founder of Litecoin, the list also contains some controversial names like McAfee and Justin Sun. For a list that is titled ‘the most trusted people in crypto’, these names are hard to chew on.
Top ten trusted people in crypto
Firstly let’s quickly get a glance of the list.
- Thomas Lee: A Managing Partner and the Head of Research at Fundstr at Global Advisors, he is also the co-founder of the firm.
- Friends: Not the TV series, although everyone loves them. Yes, when it comes to a lot of people the opinion of their friends matter more.
- Justin Sun: Founder of TRON. More famously known for buying the most expensive dinner with Warren Buffet this year, breaking all previous records.
- John McAfee: The rich old bored guy, who simply cannot keep his hands of Twitter. He is a strong supporter of crypto and has made some bold predictions about its future.
- Vitalik Buterin: The co-founder of Ethereum, he is well known figure in the industry. Besides co-founding Ethereum, he also co-founded and edited Bitcoin Magazin in 2012 at the young age of just 18.
- Charlie Lee: Founder of Litecoin, has since worked at Coinbase as Director of Engineering.
- Andreas Antonopoulos: He is the host of Let’s Talk Bitcoin podcast, also teaches MSc in Digital Currency at the University of Nicosia.
- Changpeng Zhao: Also known as CZ, is the CEO of Binance, the largest crypto exchange in the world.
- Teeka Tiwari: Teeka Tiwari is a Wall Street veteran and editor of the influential Palm Beach Report.
- Nobody: Yup, you read it right. Most people trust nobody when it comes to crypto(at least according to the report).
Two notable personalities were absent from the list. First as we have already discussed, Satoshi Nakamoto. The founder of Bitcoin being absent from the list is incomprehensible, somehow it doesn’t sound right. This industry originated because of this person, and the logic behind avoiding such an entity is unknown. Another famous personality is Elon Musk. Even though Musk has not been involved with crypto publicly, somehow he keeps running into crypto. His views have changed over the years, from being a real skeptic to now being a cheerleader for the technology. Musk’s comments and tweets have drawn a large number of people into crypto.
A unique blog
The website that published the list is unusual in many ways. Cinidicator was founded in 2015, with a stated mission of “Hybrid Intelligence for effective decision-making”. Cindicator builds predictive analytics by merging collective intelligence and machine learning models. And their uniqueness does not end there Cindicator’s analytical products are available exclusively to holders of CND tokens. Beyond the use of crypto for purchases, they also use AI in blog writing as stated in their blog page “All texts are co-authored with artificial intelligence”.
What’s the controversy
What makes the list controversial are two names, and those two names are really controversial. The blog even prompted CNN to write a counter article which is over 800 words, titled ‘ “10 Most Trusted in Crypto” List Littered With Alleged Crooks’. The first of the controversial names is McAfee. Yes, his name made to a list of trusted people. One of the authors was quoted in the original article saying, “[He has] a lot of followers and I can see the impact of his opinion on the crypto market.” Well that technically doesn’t equate to trust. The second controversial name is Justin Sun. From the outside he looks like an influential person in the industry who is trying to push spread awareness about crypto. In fact, he bought lunch with Warren Buffet for $4.57 million for this purpose. He was later quoted by Global time, “My initial objective is to convince Buffett on the bitcoin and blockchain industry instead of creating hype”. But it is reported that Sun couldn’t attend the lunch because he is on a Chinese government exit-ban list – and has been since June 2018. Chinese media outlet Caixin, reported that Sun is under investigation for multiple alleged crimes, mainly financial.
The list is off by a lot when it comes to trust factor associated with some of the people in the list. Only if they renamed the list to ‘most influential people’ would it have made sense, or AI is simply not yet good enough when it comes to judging people’s character.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Steemit, and join our Telegram channel for the latest blockchain and cryptocurrency news
Instant Crypto Credit Lines™ from only 5.9% APR. Earn up to 8% interest per year on your Stablecoins, USD, EUR & GBP. $100 million custodial insurance.
Trading Bitcoin is too complicated?
We highly recommend our Crypto-Starter-Kit to you!
Follow us on Social Media and subscribe to our free crypto newsletter!
Diskutiere mit uns!
This post may contain promotional links that help us fund the site. When you click on the links, we receive a commission - but the prices do not change for you! :)
Disclaimer: The authors of this website may have invested in crypto currencies themselves. They are not financial advisors and only express their opinions. Anyone considering investing in crypto currencies should be well informed about these high-risk assets.
Trading with financial products, especially with CFDs involves a high level of risk and is therefore not suitable for security-conscious investors. CFDs are complex instruments and carry a high risk of losing money quickly through leverage. Be aware that most private Investors lose money, if they decide to trade CFDs. Any type of trading and speculation in financial products that can produce an unusually high return is also associated with increased risk to lose money. Note that past gains are no guarantee of positive results in the future.
You might also like
More from Scam
Tron founder Justin Sun got himself involved again into yet another controversy as he posted a “well wishes” message for …
The cryptocurrency space is notoriously known for its high-profile exchange hacks, heists, and high-tech sim-swapping cases that are reported frequently …