Aavegotchi is an Ethereum based NFT/DeFi intersection project, which allows users to farm rare collectibles by staking GHST tokens. The unique crypto-collectibles are classified on the basis of many different traits, including personality, ethereality, body color etc. and rely on the ERC-721 standard, used by other famous collectible projects. But, to begin farming, we must start depositing GHST tokens into the staking portal. However, Ethereum fees are high at the moment, which means that it’s the perfect time to go Polygon L2 and gas free. Here’s how.
- Visit Aavegotchi and Click “Stake GHST”
2. Click “Stake on Matic”
3. Change MetaMask connection to Matic Mainnet, enter amount to stake and click approve then stake.
Adding Matic Mainnet To MetaMask
But, there’s an additional step to take care of. We must first add Matic Mainnet (now Polygon) to the Web3 wallet MetaMask. It’s very simple. Click on the MetaMask button in your browser, then open the dialog box, which shows the Ethereum mainnet by default. Navigate to Custom RPC.
- Enter the following details and click Save. Switch over to the Matic Network, when needed.
- Network Name: Matic Mainnet.
- RPC URL: https://rpc-mainnet.matic.network.
- Chain ID: 137.
- Symbol: MATIC.
- Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.matic.network/
Transferring Assets From Ethereum Mainnet To Matic Network
To stake GHST tokens, you need to have them on the Matic Network. It works if you have GHST tokens on your Ethereum mainnet wallet and then afterwards, you can just transfer them from there, through a bridge.
- Open Matic Network Wallet Link and Click MetaMask
2. Approve the connection with MetaMask and enter the wallet interface
3. Click Move funds to Matic Mainnet
4. Select GHST from the dialog box, select the amount and click Transfer. Approve through MetaMask.
This post may contain promotional links that help us fund the site. When you click on the links, we receive a commission - but the prices do not change for you! :)
Disclaimer: The authors of this website may have invested in crypto currencies themselves. They are not financial advisors and only express their opinions. Anyone considering investing in crypto currencies should be well informed about these high-risk assets.
Please also note our Non-liability disclaimer.
Trading with financial products, especially with CFDs involves a high level of risk and is therefore not suitable for security-conscious investors. CFDs are complex instruments and carry a high risk of losing money quickly through leverage. Be aware that most private Investors lose money, if they decide to trade CFDs. Any type of trading and speculation in financial products that can produce an unusually high return is also associated with increased risk to lose money. Note that past gains are no guarantee of positive results in the future.