The premier lifestyle and entertainment magazine Playboy is no stranger to experimentation and launching NFTs. It launched the iconic “PLAYBOY x Slimesunday Liquid Summer” collection last year, made its presence known in Decentraland, announced a NFT artist grant program and now it’s back to offer us a lot more! This time, Playboy is going full metaverse and launching a collection of 11,953 odd Rabbitars NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain on Oct 26, with each one being offered for 0.1953 ETH. Want to get one? Try your luck here.
According to the official description “The Playboy Rabbitars are a lagomorphic-themed civilization of 11,953 unique, non-fungible rabbits inspired by Playboy iconography, heritage and lore. In the context of the metaverse, the Rabbitars are NFTs that live on the Ethereum Blockchain as ERC-721 tokens. Each Rabbitar is generated from 175+ traits including fur, ears, facial expressions, apparel, accessories, occupation-related characteristics, and more. Some of the rarest Rabbitar traits are inspired by culturally significant aspects of Playboy’s art and editorial history. (And yes, you can tell your friends you officially belong to a Playboy Club!)“
The Rabbitars cap at 11,953 is a special mention and homage to the founding year of the magazine, which was 1953. These cute rabbits wouldn’t be just authenticated profile pictures, but allow their holders entry into the “Playboy Club” for exclusive access to the events, merchandise and more. From what we have seen so far, the PLBY Group – owner of the magazine is willing to expand further in the realms of Web3 and the Metaverse!
It was announced in the press release that the Rabbitars NFT collection by the group’s dedicated Web3 innovation team (impressive!) and they were helped by Possible Studios and WENEW blockchain art studio! Playboy reiterated that the aim is to create the “fun and valuable world for both new and experienced members of the NFT community“. The NFTs will exist as ERC-721 standard tokens on the Ethereum blockchain and will be hosted on the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), which according to the team is “the metaverse’s decentralized file storage system“.
As the mythology goes, the Rabbitars are a rare species of rabbit known for their extraordinary speed, cultural sophistication, razor-sharp wit, inimitable intellect, fantastic fashion sense, and in some cases, sexual prowess. Each Rabbitar is generated from 175+ possible traits, including fur, facial features, ears and headwear, apparel, accessories, occupation-related characteristics, and more. Playboy iconography is woven throughout the collection, and some of the rarest Rabbitars and Rabbitar traits are inspired by significant aspects of Playboy’s art and editorial history.Playboy’s Description of Rabbitars Mythology
- Yuga Labs, the creator of Bored Ape, has acquired 10KTF and WENEW.
- What is FLUF World NFT? Here’s How to Buy FLUF World NFT!
- Non-Fungible Token: Are these NFTs underrated? Check Our Top 10 list
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Top Five Undervalued NFT Projects
- The Ultimate NFT Guide – New to NFTs? START HERE
- What is 10KTF NFT? Cracking 10KTF NFT Secret
- What Is The Yuga Labs Metaverse? Enter The Interconnected Ecosystem!
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Top 5 NFT Projects On Polygon MATIC
- Curio Cards – An Indepth Review Of The Oldest Ethereum Art Collection
- Top 5 Historical NFT Collections On Ethereum
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Counter Strike Themed NFT Platform Is Soon Coming To Ethereum Immutable X!
- What are PFP NFTs? Are they worth it? Is the hype still there?
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Aptos NFT Overview: Top Aptos NFT projects
- Top 3 NFT Collections With The Most Trading Volume Ever
- Simple Guide On Pixel Vault: What is Pixel Vault NFT?
You might also like
More from Ethereum
Saying that a specific cryptocurrency is going "to the moon" is never enough. Let's analyze Bitcoin, Ethereum and MATIC for …
Will Ethereum price continue to rise or will there be a crash? Let's analyze in this Ethereum prediction for February …
Ethereum price is on the rise! What will happen next? Will Ethereum continue to go up? Let's analyze in this …