The S&P 500 closed at 3,340 after defending the 50-SMA on the daily chart. The bounce was notable, from 3,310 to 3,369 and bulls are now hoping to see a continuation move from this bounce. The last candlestick is fairly close to a bullish reversal hammer, however, bulls needed a bit more strength.
The last low of 3,310 is the new clear support, however, there is another strong support level at 3,200 formed on July 24 and retested almost one week later. As for resistance, bulls will be facing the last two highs at around 3,424 and then the 10-SMA at 3,440. Above the 10-SMA, the path is clear towards 3,588.
S&P 500 Analysis: 4-Hour Chart
On the 4-hour chart, bears were able to set a downtrend after hitting a new lower high at 3,425 and a lower low at 3,310. The 10-SMA crossed bearishly with the 50-SMA and both will act as resistance levels in the short-term. The 100-SMA at 3,321 is now acting as a strong support level.
If we have a weak open today, the S&P 500 could slip below 3,310 and 3,300 into the 3,300-3,200 area of support. A strong open would boost the index towards 3,400. The RSI is quite low on the 4-hour chart which is usually a good indicator of an upcoming bounce.
It seems that stocks are already rising this morning following the last dip. However, it’s important to note that they are all facing stiff resistance levels. The dollar bounce could be nearly over, giving stocks a chance to recover entirely. The recent Brexit negotiations are closely being monitored by traders.
The S&P 500 did close positively on Friday as 7/11 sectors of the industrial technology closed higher. The Dow Jones also soared on Friday, but the NASDAQ Composite had a slight decline.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- Tesla Stock Poised For A Bounce Towards $520 But Analyst Claims It’s Like The Bitcoin Bubble
- SP500 Forecast: Strong Open After U.S. Trillion-Dollar Stimulus Rumors
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- S&P 500 Forecast: Lower Low Confirms Downtrend
- Chainlink Price Prediction: LINK jumps 7.6% to hit $10.67
- LINK Price Faces Critical Resistance Level Ahead
- Founder of Terra Arrest – Will LUNA Collapse AGAIN?
- Bitcoin Price Surpasses $12,700 As PayPal Announces Crypto Payments
- EOS Price Explodes After Announcement of Google Partnership
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Chainlink Price Prediction: LINK ready to climb higher after defending critical level
- Learn the Basics of Trading Crypto – Join CryptoTicker Trading Group
- XRP Price Could Slide Lower In The Short-Term
- XRP Price Prediction – Can XRP reach 2$ before 2022?
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Jumps 4% After PayPal Announcement
- PolkaDOT Price Could Be Headed to $7 Again
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- BNB Price Explodes 9% Towards $31
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Cracks $13,700 And Further Widens The Gap With Stock Market
- Chainlink Price Prediction – LINK fails to breakout of critical pattern, suggests pullback is nearby
You might also like
More from S&P
After a gloomy start for 2021, the world was shaken by the big protest that happened yesterday. Trump supporters stormed …
Legacy Markets have been on a consolidation level ever since reaching their all-time high back in September. This extended uptrend …