Ethereum Price has been climbing steadily over the past 5 days going from a low of $154.48 to a high of $174.4 today. Ethereum is currently trading at $172 as the bulls are pausing for a bit before trying to break the high of $179.32.
The bulls are comfortably trading above both EMAs on the daily chart but the RSI (Relative Strength Index) is inching closer to the overextended zone.
Ethereum Price Short Term Forecast: Bullish
The short-term is definitely bullish for ETH as both the daily and 4-hour charts are in uptrends. Ethereum price has been a bit stagnant on the hourly chart though.
The 4-hour chart has set a clear bull flag at this point and the burden of proof is on the bears to show some strength. The bears would need to break below $157 in order to change the 4-hour trend.
The bulls are looking at $174.45 as the nearest resistance on the 4-hour chart and then the high of $179.32 on the daily.
The hourly chart looks a bit choppy and indecisive with pretty long wicks. Similarly, the 2-hour chart is showing some long upper wicks but nothing too concerning for the bulls.
Ethereum Price Long Term Forecast: Neutral
The long-term for Ethereum is not looking as good. The weekly chart is really positive for ETH as the bulls were able to break above a 5-month parallel descending channel, however, they haven’t changed the downtrend yet.
They also have been struggling to stay above the 26-period EMA as they were rejected in the last 2 weeks. Currently, Ethereum price is above the 26-EMA but will only count if the bulls can close the week above it.
The monthly chart is in a downtrend but the bulls can set an Equilibrium pattern. This pattern occurs when an asset sets lower highs and higher lows.
Bulls need to confirm a higher low at $116.25 by changing the weekly trend. If they can confirm this higher low, they will confirm a monthly equilibrium pattern.
The equilibrium pattern does not help either party, however, it is better than a downtrend.
Will Ethereum Updates Help The Digital Asset?
Ethereum has been undergoing a series of updates and hard forks intended to change the current Proof of Work protocol for a Proof of Stake one.
The last few updates have been quite positive but had no impact on ETH’s price. According to Vitalik Buterin, creator of Ethereum, once Ethereum 2.0 is implemented, transaction confirmation time will go down to 3-6 seconds in comparison to minutes.
The shift towards Proof of Stake will, however, take longer. In fact, many critics have doubted that Ethereum 2.0 could even be possible but the roadmap is already out.
Perhaps when the Proof of Stake protocol is fully ready, Ethereum will experience a bull run although, analysts have their doubts as the upgrade might be already priced in.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bitcoin Price Breaks Equilibrium Pattern But No Continuation
- ChainLink Price Analysis, Good Bullish Momentum
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Bitcoin Faces Healthy Consolidation, Can The Bulls Pick Up Momentum Again?
- Bitcoin Price Blasted Through $10,000, Looking For More
- Ripple Price Struggling To Climb Above $0.26
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Bitcoin Weak Bull Break Could Mean Downside Price Action
- Dash Price Analysis: Major Resistance Rejection But Uptrend Remains
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Bitcoin Price Reaches $8500 From Equilibrium Pattern
- Ethereum Price Ready For A Massive Breakout Above $400
- Bitcoin Bulls Trying To Break $10,000 After 3 Failed Attempts
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Bitcoin Price USD Analysis: Eying up $9,000
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: High Buying Pressure As Halving Event Gets Closer
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Ripple (XRP) Price Suffers A Massive Blow Down to $0.23
- Newscrypto Coin (NWC) Price Could Be On The Verge of a Massive Surge
- Bitcoin Price Above $9,400, Bulls Looking at $10,000
You might also like
More from Altcoin
The crypto market is moving higher! Based on current market trends and expert analysis, here are the top 3 altcoins …