Dogecoin suffered from a massive crash in the latest FTX crash. In fact, the entire crypto market lost on average around 25%. Dogecoin lost 46% in the past 2 weeks. Now that prices stabilized around 8 cents, will Dogecoin reach 20 cents before 2023? Let’s analyze in this Dogecoin prediction article.
What is Dogecoin crypto?
Dogecoin emerged as the first meme token. Dogecoin was once created as a spoof of Bitcoin and was only meant to be used as a laughing stock. Nevertheless, as time went on, more and more people started investing in cryptocurrencies, which raised the price and made Dogecoin more well-known. The Shiba Inu dog meme, which serves as the Dogecoin emblem, had an influence on this as well.
The Proof-of-Work consensus algorithm is used by Dogecoin. The mining of ETH effectively came to an end with Ethereum’s formal transition to a PoS network. Dogecoin (DOGE) is now the second-largest PoW blockchain behind Bitcoin because Ethereum no longer has a PoW consensus. It has a lot of potential as a decentralized payment alternative to Bitcoin.
When did Dogecoin Start?
Dogecoin started back in December 6th, 2013. Two software engineers, Billy Marcus from IBM and Jackson Palmer from Adobe, created Dogecoin. It was created as a “joke” for popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and was motivated by the viral Doge meme featuring a Shiba Inu image.
Is Dogecoin PoS or PoW?
Dogecoin uses the Proof-of-Work consensus algorithm. The mining of ETH effectively came to an end with Ethereum’s formal transition to a PoS network. Dogecoin (DOGE) is now the second-largest PoW blockchain behind Bitcoin because Ethereum no longer has a PoW consensus. It has a lot of potential as a decentralized payment alternative to Bitcoin.
Why did Dogecoin price increase?
When Elon Musk officially became the “Chief Twit”, Dogecoin prices became to soar. After an extended consolidation between 5 and 8 cents, prices boomed and reached a high of 15 cents. In fact, there is a strong correlation between Elon, Twitter, and Doge which we explained in this article.
However, after such a price rise, smart investors know how to stay away from inflated assets. Prices were bound for an adjustment, and the FTX crash was the main catalyst.
Why is Dogecoin crashing today?
As shown in figure 1, Dogecoin prices were bound for an adjustment after such a price hike. The FTX crash became the clear catalyst that caused DOGE prices to adjust lower, crashing toward the current price of around 8 cents. Back in August, DOGE also found a resistance around the 8 cents price mark, which makes it today an important price area to trade Dogecoin.
However, Dogecoin is not the only losing crypto. All cryptocurrencies without exception lost in the past 2 weeks. Some more than others, however, and Dogecoin is among the top losers as the average loss in the crypto market was around 25%.
Dogecoin Prediction: Will Dogecoin reach 20 cents before 2023?
In order for Dogecoin prices to recover, there needs to happen two important things:
- The crypto market as a whole needs to show signs of recovery, as Dogecoin is directly correlated with the market performance (such as all cryptos)
- No additional negative fundamentals are to be announced in the coming 2 weeks
FTX was a clear crash catalyst for all cryptocurrencies. However, if the market starts to recover slightly, Dogecoin should be able to reach at least 15 cents before 2023. On the other hand, to reach 20 cents, more positive fundamentals need to happen, such as Elon announcing Twitter using DOGE or any other important piece of news. Reaching 20 cents with the current market dynamics is unlikely for the moment.
Are you looking for a chart analysis tool that doesn’t distract you with community messages and other noise? Check out GoCharting! This is an easy-to-use online charting tool that requires no downloads or prior knowledge.
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Can DOGE reach 1$ now that Twitter is in the hands of Elon?
- Dogecoin Price Prediction – Will Dogecoin reach $1 thanks to Elon?
- Dogecoin Price Prediction: Will Elon Musk drive the price of DOGE to $2 by 2023?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Dogecoin Prediction: DOGE shoots 111%, will DOGE reach 20 cents now?
- Is $DOGE A Good investment in 2022? Maybe, here’s What you MUST Know
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: SHIB is Set To Explode?
- Why is Dogecoin price up 8%? Will DOGE continue to rise? Logical Answer.
- Can Dogecoin reach 1 $ before 2023? Slim chances, BUT…
- Dogecoin is NOT doing okay as prices sink below 10 cents, Will DOGE recover?
- You might want to Sell XRP before it slips LOWER, Here’s Why!
- Crypto Crash: Bitcoin Price, Ether Price, DOGE Price for 8 November 2022
- BIGGEST Shiba Inu Prediction: How High can SHiB reach before 2023?
- Can Dogecoin Price reach 10 cents soon? DOGE is on FIRE!
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- LATEST Shiba Inu Prediction 2022: BUY SHIB at the current SUPPORT?
- Dogecoin Price Prediction: Is It worth Buying DOGE?
- Binance acquires FTX: is Binance manipulating FTT 70% crash?
- Dogecoin Price UP 7% in the past 24 hours! Jump on Board?
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Ethereum price can increase if certain market dynamics occur. Will Ethereum reach $2,000 soon? Let's analyze in this Ethereum prediction.