Ethereum is fast becoming the epitome of culture. TikTok, Twitter, Playboy magazine and now the nostalgic teen favorite Counter Strike! They are all rushing to capitalize on the latest NFT trend. ESL Labs – the world’s largest esports organization announced on Oct 28 that it plans to launch a “next generation NFT collectibles platform” on Ethereum’s Layer 2 solution Immutable X for Counter Strike Global Offensive (GO) fans.
According to the official source “The ESL NFT platform, in partnership with Immutable X, will enable esports and Counter-Strike enthusiasts around the world to be able to buy, sell, and exchange NFT assets within the ESL Pro Tour“. However, this won’t be Counter Strike parent ESL first foray into the NFT world. It previously launched the IEM Cologne POG Collection on OpenSea in this year’s August!
This is encouraging news as it shows that NFTs are here to stay and are fast gaining cultural approval. It’s understandable that other major game developers are going to follow in ESL’s path and likely to incorporate some form of NFTs / shared game items in the future, to stay relevant in the fast changing landscape. This is the way.
About Counter Strike
Counter-Strike (CS) is a series of multiplayer first-person shooter video games in which teams of terrorists battle to perpetrate an act of terror (bombing, hostage-taking, assassination) while counter-terrorists try to prevent it (bomb defusal, hostage rescue). The series began on Windows in 1999 with the release of the first game, Counter-Strike.
At the end of each round, players are rewarded based on their individual performance with in-game currency to spend on more powerful weapons in subsequent rounds. Winning rounds results in more money than losing, and completing objectives such as killing enemy players gives cash bonuses. Uncooperative actions, such as killing teammates, results in a penalty – Wikipedia
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- What is Immutable X? – The hidden Champion In the Crypto Space 2022? Invest now?
- TikTok Begins Quest To Onboard 1 Billion Users To Ethereum Based NFTs
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Chiliz and Enjin Partner, Non Fungible Tokens To Get Boost
- You Think You Know What Immutable X Is? Your Step by Step Guide to IMX Token
- Sorare to Launch the First NFT-based Fantasy Basketball Game with NBA
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- What is Aavegotchi? BIG Aavegotchi Updates for 2022 You DON’T Want to Miss!
- Gamestop NFT Marketplace is LIVE – How to Buy NFT on Gamestop?
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- The Ultimate NFT Guide – New to NFTs? START HERE
- Christmas Season: Understanding MetaGear (GEAR)
- This NFT Company got PRAISED by the French President Macron…Meet Sorare!
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- What is Royal NFT and How will it Revolutionize the Music Industry?
- Top 10 NFT Games To Watch Out For in 2023
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Top 5 Gaming Cryptos To Pick In 2022
You might also like
More from Blockchain Companies
In this article, we take a closer look at a company whose failure could cause the Bitcoin price to fall …