Cardano has announced a ‘major advancement for proof of stake’.
The upgrade allegedly provides identical properties to proof of work protocols such as Bitcoin, but without the immense environmental costs and scalability limitations.
Of all the papers IOHK Research has written, this one is the most significant. It's a major advancement for Proof of Stake https://t.co/QNIPonatF6 now PoS has nearly identical properties to PoW. https://t.co/zAP7dSxR3y Welcome to the age of Ouroboros Genesis
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) April 26, 2018
Cardano, the blockchain project spearheaded by Charles Hoskinson is unique in its use of academic peer review as the mainstay of its development. All upgrades to the protocol are presented for review at cryptography conferences.
Proof of Stake is a newly emerging protocol for cryptocurrencies. Instead of mining the network is validated by users, who stake their funds to verify transactions on the network. It has been implemented on several blockchain ecosystems already, in varying forms. Most notably, development is well underway for a proof of stake system on the Ethereum network, named Casper.
The newly proposed upgrade for Cardano, named Ouroboros Genesis aims to solve one of the issues other systems have been facing, allowing users to leave and re-join the network in a secure manner. Other systems have been forced to take and analyze snapshots of their blockchains, in order to prevent malicious actors generating false transactions, but according to the report, Cardano’s new approach will sidestep the need for this point of failure.
The academic peer-review process is notoriously long, and a previous iteration of the Ouroboros protocol has only recently undergone expert examination.
Who's ready for EuroCrypt 2018! It's like the thunderdome of cryptography. Two papers enter, one leaves pic.twitter.com/DosXUY3Vo9
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) April 30, 2018
This version will most likely not be the final version -further upgrades to the protocol are expected over the coming years. When and how these upgrades will be implemented is not yet clear, with the project’s roadmap outlining that features of the proof of stake system will be released throughout 2018.
The system is currently live as a crypto token known as Ada, named after British-born Ada Lovelace, daughter of the famous poet Lord Byron and pioneer computer developer.
- Cardano Crash: Will ADA Price reach 10 cents?
- What is Proof of Stake?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Coinbase Looks to Expand Digital Asset Range
- Cardano Price Prediction 2023: Buy ADA CHEAPLY TODAY?
- Can Cardano reach $5 in 2023? The Crypto Market is BOOMING!
- Cardano Founder Challenged By Polymarket To Bet On His Project, Will He Commit?
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- 3 Major Challenges For a Cardano 2022 Comeback
- Charles Hoskinson says: “Cardano isn’t killing Ethereum. Ethereum is killing itself”
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- New Cardano Development in 2023? You might want to Buy ADA NOW!
- Can Cardano ADA reach $10? Maybe not right now…
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Not to Miss: Best Cryptos to BUY under 1$ in January 2023!
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Can Cardano reach $100 in the future? History might repeat for ADA
- Consensus 2018 Sees Over 8,500 Attendees
- Cardano’s Roadmap Update – Steht Proof-of-Stake unmittelbar bevor?
You might also like
More from Blockchain
The crypto market is moving higher! Based on current market trends and expert analysis, here are the top 3 altcoins …
Can Shiba Inu reach $1 in 2023? What are some conservative predictions for Shiba Inu? Let's analyze, without hype!