Polkadot is one of the most promising blockchain networks in the crypto market. But the cryptocurrency is one of the Layer 1 solutions that has not yet been able to establish itself at the top. In this article, we’ll discuss why Polkadot isn’t at the top yet and give 3 Polkadot cons.
What is Polkadot Crypto?
Polkadot is a next-generation blockchain that solves the problem of interoperability. The basic concept of Polkadot is to bring one standalone blockchain for all. Thus allowing sectors like healthcare and pharma to use blockchain tech. Polkadot also assembles special features of different blockchains in one place. Hence, helping the blockchain technology to overcome limitations like scalability and throughput.
#1 Polkadot Cons – Interoperability
One of the biggest issues Polkadot wanted to address with its blockchain is interoperability. Through its numerous sidechains, the parachains, several blockchain networks should be connected with each other. Probably the most important connection is the one to the largest network on the market, Ethereum.
However, unlike networks like Fantom, Binance Smart Chain, Avalanche, and Harmony, Polkadot has not released a dedicated bridge to Ethereum in 2021. Therefore, the network received less attention from users looking to invest in DeFi and NFTs. The bridge to Ethereum should be a big topic for Polkadot going forward.
#2 Polkadot Cons – Late Launch of Parachain Auctions
In contrast to other blockchain solutions, Polkadot started its mainnet launch activities relatively late. This was because the parachain auctions didn’t start until November 11, 2021. That’s when Moonbeam, an Ethereum-compatible smart contract parachain, secured its first slot.
Now is an ideal time to get in cheap. Buy the DOT token and other cryptocurrencies on the crypto exchanges Binance , Coinbase , Kraken and Bitfinex !
We therefore only saw the first strong price increase of the DOT token in November. In the weeks that followed, the market repeatedly crashed, which also made it difficult for the price of the Polkadot DOT token.
#3 DOT Token Confusion
The DOT token is used in the Polkadot network to support operations, security, and governance functions. On competing networks, the native tokens are more likely to be used to perform token transfers or swaps. They can be staked with high annual returns.
Many of these functions are not available with the DOT token. The average user is far less interested in governance than in things like gaming, NFTs and DeFi. This is another reason why Polkadot and the DOT token were not as convincing as other Layer 1 solutions in 2021.
You can purchase the DOT token on the crypto exchanges Binance , Coinbase , Kraken and Bitfinex .
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Is Polkadot Dead? Strong competition in the Crypto Scene! Buy DOT?
- Polkadot, What’s Polkadot? A Brief Introduction
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Polkadot: A next-generation blockchain protocol
- Top 3 Cryptocurrencies That Can Make You a Millionaire in 2022
- What is Efinity Token? Will it really be listed on Binance soon?
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Everything You Need To Know About Polkadot in 2021
- Polkadot Price Prediction: Can DOT Price Reach 20$ Again?
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Top 3 Altcoins to Buy during the Crypto Bear Market – Cryptos about to BOOM!
- What is Moonbeam? What Does The Future Hold For GLMR Crypto?
- How To Make Profit from Polkadot in 2022 – Buy $DOT NOW?
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Polkadot is BACK in the Top 10 Biggest Cryptos – Buy DOT?
- What is Moonbeam and How will it Help Scale Polkadot?
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Top Parachain Projects To Watch Out For in 2022 on Polkadot Ecosystem
- Conservative Prediction: Can Polkadot Reach $10 in 2023?
- Top 3 Cryptocurrencies To Invest In November 2021
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Dogecoin Price takes a dip: Is it time to buy the dip or bailout?
Following a relatively strong Q4 2022, the Dogecoin price performance has been rather weak in recent days.
An AI Bot predicted Polygon MATIC price by the end of 2023…NOT GOOD?
Matic prices are currently retracing. How high can MATIC price reach by the end of 2023? Well, an AI bot …
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies Of The Week – Week 9
We have compiled a list of the top 5 cryptocurrencies of the week based on their performance over the last …