Uniswap announced the alpha launch of its decentralized exchange on Optimism “Ethereum Scaling” L2 solution on July 13. The Optimism Solution utilizes the optimistic roll-ups concept by moving transactions off the Ethereum mainnet, therefore relieving load and offering faster confirmation / extremely low fees. A few assets are available at launch like ETH, USDT, WBTC, DAI, SNX, and more will be added with time.
The early users should note that this is a product under testing, therefore should be used at their own caution, and also withdrawals from Optimism currently have a 1 week waiting period. To start trading on the Uniswap Optimism-based network, users must first migrate their Ethereum assets over to Optimism through this gateway. After transferring your assets, you must configure your MetaMask for the Optimism Network.
How To Connect To Optimism Through MetaMask
- Open MetaMask and click on the dialog box displaying the current connected network.
2. Then, select Custom RPC and enter the following information to connect Optimism to access Uniswap.
Network Name: Optimism New
RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
Chain Id: 10
Currency Symbol: ETH
Block Explorer URL: https://optimistic.etherscan.io
3. Switch to the Optimism Network
How To Trade On Uniswap v3 On Optimism
Uniswap v3 on Optimism functions the same as the Uniswap on the Ethereum mainnet. Only that you have to make the switch from Ethereum to Optimism, then simply begin trading. Please note that your balances on both networks (Ethereum and Optimism) are different and you can only trade the ones, on a particular account. Assets can be withdrawn back to the mainnet from Optimism through this link.
A long-awaited technical breakthrough necessary for users to access the Uniswap trading economically and rapidly, Optimism Network is finally here. It would be improved continuously and new features impacting processing times/fees would be introduced in the future. Kindly be careful with the product as it’s still in testing and wait for more stable versions, if you are unsure.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- How To Stake Aavegotchi GHST Tokens On Polygon (Matic Network) L2 Gas-Free!
- How To Use Ethereum Scaling Arbitrum Bridge To Escape High Fees
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- How to use the Binance Smart Chain with MetaMask
- All you need to know about Polygon (Matic Network)
- How To Add Polygon (Matic Network) to Metamask?
- Ethereum Fork ETHPoW: How to Add ETHW to MetaMask? The Complete Guide
- How to Setup RPC on Metamask – Easy Guide
- Front Running Protection – How To Configure MetaMask
- What is Pangolin Cryptocurrency? Check This Complete Guide
- How to Add Binance Smart Chain to Metamask?
- What is Aavegotchi? How do you play Aavegotchi? Full Guide
- Deep Dive into BASE Protocol: Coinbase’s New Layer2
- A Comprehensive Guide: How to bridge ETH to Arbitrum and start using the platform?
- How to add Fantom to MetaMask?
- How to add Avalance (AVAX) to MetaMask?
- 1inch Joins The Ethereum L2 Through Optimism Onboarding
- How High will MATIC Price Go? MATIC 3 $ soon enough?
- Optimism Airdrop Confirmed – Here’s how to Claim OP Tokens for free
- All You Need To Know About Optimism Crypto
You might also like
More from Altcoin
A Bitcoin crash doesn't necessarily mean one should immediately jump into selling altcoins. Here's our list of the top 3 …
Dogecoin and Shina Inu: now that the famous Shiba Inu dog died, anticipation around DOGE and SHIB roadmaps is growing. …