The effects of the Ethereum merge are finally starting to show. Ethereum prices saw a 7% increase in prices after faking out below a strong support price. Why is Ethereum price up? Well, it has to do with a fundamental factor and a technical one. In this article, we’re taking a closer look at both in this Ethereum price prediction article.
- 1 What is Ethereum Crypto?
- 2 What Happened After the Ethereum Merge?
- 3 Why is Ethereum Price UP?
- 4 Ethereum Price Prediction – Is Ethereum bullish again?
What is Ethereum Crypto?
Thanks to Ethereum, blockchain tech received its first application of smart contracts. After Bitcoin, it has established itself as the second-largest cryptocurrency market since its introduction in 2015. The network token for the Ethereum network is ether.
With the development of Smart Contracts, which allow for the creation of decentralized apps, the Ethereum Blockchain was able to establish itself. In recent years, the Ethereum ecosystem has grown incredibly. Ethereum is the most popular blockchain in the DeFi and NFTs sectors. Proof-of-work was formerly used by the network for consensus, however, Proof-of-Stake was recently adopted during the Merge.
What Happened After the Ethereum Merge?
Ethereum investors and supporters may now exhale with relief following the successful Ethereum Merge. The network’s biggest stride in many years happened without a hitch. We may now focus on the short-, medium-, and long-term effects of the Ethereum merger.
In general, it should be emphasized that after moving to Proof-of-Stake, Ethereum will use up to 99.9% less energy. The primary justification for migrating to Proof-of-Stake was the reduced energy usage and increased transaction efficiency. Ethereum should thereby become more effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Why is Ethereum Price UP?
Fundamental Perspective: Ethereum supply dropped
Ether’s positive technical picture is further influenced by the current supply shortage. Since October 8, the quantity of ether has decreased by over 6,000 ETH. That represents the first deflationary action taken by the Ethereum network since switching from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoS) via the Merge one month ago, where more ETH is being destroyed than produced.
What’s the relationship between ETH supply and ETH price?
In order for validators to confirm users’ on-chain Ethereum transactions, users must pay them so-called gas costs. In the past, more users on the Ethereum network meant higher gas prices and more money for validators.
However, a part of the gas tax is permanently withdrawn from Ether circulation following the August 2021 EIP-1559 release. To sum it up in an easy way, when demand is strong, more ETH is burned, hence higher ETH prices.
Technical Perspective: Green Hammer Appears!
Ethereum prices showed a strong increase following the ETH burnt, as prices shot as high as 7% in the past 24 hours. This caused prices to jump from a low of $1,155 all the way to the current price of $1,330. Consequently, a red hammer candlestick formed.
This technical indicator is often very bullish. The bulls could still fend off the bears, but they were unable to raise the price back to its initial level. Consequently, prices are expected to rise toward the resistance price area of $1,430.
Ethereum Price Prediction – Is Ethereum bullish again?
The short answer to this is sadly, no. Once prices reach the resistance level, they are expected to fall again. Due to ongoing macro-warnings brought on by the United States Federal Reserve’s interest rate increases to high inflation, Ethereum’s long-term outlook leans unfavorable. Ether’s persistently positive connection with American stocks means that it is still vulnerable to these concerns.
- Ethereum Price Prediction 2030 – Will Ethereum make you a Millionaire?
- What is Ethereum Merge? – Read This Detail Guide To Know More About Ethereum’s Triple-Halving Event
- Ethereum Crosses ATH! Upcoming Insane Run to $10,000 And Beyond
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- Ethereum Price EXPLODES after Reddit NFT Adoption! BUY $ETH NOW?
- Ethereum Price Prediction – Will Ether Rebound?
- Ethereum 2.0 is Coming: What Could be the Implications of the Ethereum merge?
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Ethereum will SOAR to 5K after Doing THIS!
- Ethereum to reach THIS Price after the Merge! Here’s Why…
- Founder of Terra Arrest – Will LUNA Collapse AGAIN?
- Ethereum Price Down -20%: Why is Ethereum down after the Merge?
- Ethereum Price Prediction – THIS is why you should consider Buying ETH
- XRP Price Prediction – Can XRP reach 2$ before 2022?
- Overvalued or Undervalued? How much is Ethereum actually worth?
- Ethereum Price is about to crash further if THIS happens!
- Ethereum News Ticker – CryptoTicker
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- Ethereum might CRASH to $1,000 if THIS Happens!
- Ethereum Proof-of-Stake Merge Countdown! What is Ethereum Merge? : The Ultimate Guide
- XRP reached a CRITICAL Price! Will XRP Crash to 20 cents?
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Will Dogecoin reach $1 soon? What will happen to DOGE prices before 2023? Let's analyze in this Dogecoin price prediction …
News surfaced that the UK approves cryptos. How will this affect crypto prices? Will investors jump back into their crypto …
This article is all about What is Arbitrum and Arbitrum Airdrop. Let's take a look at it in more detail.