Ethereum Layer 2 solutions started deploying left, right and center. Since necessity is the mother of invention and gas fees on the base layer have gotten high, there is no surprise that the dev teams have sped up their schedules. However, they are still in the initial phase and are still in the testing/tweaking phase. It’s advisable to proceed with caution until they are mature enough to handle Layer 1 level loads. How to see the fees on them though? Meet L2 Fees.
Another brand child of Ethereum developer David Mihal – the creator of Crypto Fees (tracking protocol fees generation) and Money Movers (tracking the protocol value settlements), L2 Fees tracks the fees across the operational Ethereum Layer 2 solutions. It also classifies the cost of various basic transaction activities, namely the cost of sending Ethereum, the cost of sending other tokens, and the cost of completing a swap on the networks.
Each Ethereum Layer 2 solution has its own strengths and drawbacks, including trust assumptions, degree of decentralization, emergency response, stage of maturity, tx speed, withdrawal time, so do your research before jumping on the bandwagon. Arbitrum and Optimism on the list have reduced speed / tx limit to test the system.
They are not operating at maximum capacity currently and the team will increase it gradually, once the protocols are tested further and more mature. Ethereum Layer 2 solution Aztec Protocol, on the other hand, ensures private transactions, so operations on the protocol are even higher than Ethereum.
About Ethereum Layer 2 Solutions
The Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solutions are decentralized protocols that increase the processing capacity of the Ethereum blockchain (hence scaling) and as a result, relieve congestion on the network. They work by delegating the network processing “off-chain” to their own chain, processing it there, before settling the final balances on the base layer mainnet. It’s extremely necessary that big exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, etc. integrate them, so average users can benefit from increased throughput and more capacity on blockchains.
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Coinbase Would Soon Integrate Ethereum Scaling Solutions
- 1inch Joins The Ethereum L2 Through Optimism Onboarding
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Arbitrum Overtakes The Lightning Network By 23X Crossing $2.6B TVL In 3 Weeks
- How To Use Ethereum Scaling Arbitrum Bridge To Escape High Fees
- Ethereum Scalability New Era Begins As OKEx Integrates Arbitrum L2
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Top 5 Ethereum Layer 2 Projects For Lucrative Investments in 2022
- Arbitrum One Beta Publicly Launches To Bolster Ethereum Scaling
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Ethereum Scaling Layer 2s Initial Deployment Has Succeeded
- Ethereum Fees High? How To Go Polygon Matic For Gasless Transfers And QuickSwap DEX Trading
- zkRollup Powered Ethereum Layer 2 “Loopring Pay” Comes Live
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- OMG Network Plasma L2 Scales Ethereum To Thousands Of TPS
- Quickswap – Ethereum Killer’s Killer?
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- DeFi Boom: Over $223 Million in Bitcoin Tokenized on Ethereum Chain!
- Built On Ethereum – Raiden Network Gets The Alderaan Mainnet Release
- Ethereum Layer 2 Scaling Solution SKALE Network To Launch On June 30
You might also like
More from Ethereum
Ethereum Prediction for February 2023: This Chart confirms $2,000?
How high can Ethereum go in February 2023? In this Ethereum prediction article, we analyze ETH prices from a technical …
Ethereum Prediction for February 2023 – Are things looking good for ETH?
Will Ethereum price continue to rise or will there be a crash? Let's analyze in this Ethereum prediction for February …
Ethereum just CONFIRMED an upcoming Uptrend? Check this CHART!
Ethereum price is on the rise! What will happen next? Will Ethereum continue to go up? Let's analyze in this …