Bitcoin finally hit USD 20,000 yesterday, an event highly anticipated by all crypto enthusiasts. When this happened, all altcoins shot in prices and broke through their respective consolidation areas. A strange “Deja Vu” became visible on the sidelines for many traders though, who mainly speculate on price differences. Will the current bull run reminisce from events from the bad year of 2017?
Bitcoin Price poised to crash soon?
Back in 2017, the price of Bitcoin went up for several weeks, only to crash when buyers stopped stocking up on BTC. This extended price increase can be seen in figure 1, showing a weekly chart of BTC back from 2017.
Currently, the Bitcoin price chart is showing scary technicals: a whooping price shoot from USD 19,200 all the way to USD 23,400. This extended price increase comes after another extended uptrend starting after Q1 of 2020, with the recovery of the Covid-19 market crash.
Why is it a BAD IDEA to buy BTC right now?
The obvious answer is clear: after every rise, there is a fall. If not now, in the near future. Back in 2017, the price kept increasing, only to crash in the very beginning few days of 2018, where a lot of events usually happen in every market, namely 3 reasons to look out for:
- Christmas season calls for liquidating positions and buying gifts
- No one works during holidays, hence buying momentum decreases
- Chinese New Year is right around the corner
That’s why it is advisable to wait for a strong adjustment, potentially that breaks the 20k area all the way to the USD 19,000 area. If the adjustment didn’t happen now, it MUST happen at a later stage, bringing the price back down.
This advice is for short/medium term traders and investors. It does not affect long term traders who are eyeing 50k and 100k Bitcoin price.
Will you Miss out much if you wait?
In short, not really, only a couple of hundred bucks, unless you are an institutional investor. But in all other cases, it doesn’t hurt much waiting for a price correction, before getting a better price.
In figure 2, using the Fibonacci retracement, we can potentially expect a retracement back the to USD 19,000 price area, which is a good entry point to align with the coming phase 2.0 of Bitcoin prices, an era above 20k eying 50k.
Stay Ahead, Stay Updated
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – Where is the price of Bitcoin headed towards? Read on for a SETUP strategy
- Bitcoin Price UP above 20K – Is the Crypto Crash over?
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Bitcoin UP to 19K! Where is Bitcoin Price heading? Bitcoin 20K next?
- Bitcoin price might drop to $20,000 if THIS happens
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – BTC reaching 50K again! Here’s what to do
- Will Bitcoin Price reach $10,000? Very Possible, Here’s why!
- Bitcoin Price loses 15% in 24 hours – Opportunity to BUY IN? Read on to see why WAITING is better
- Bitcoin price is recovering – Will it successfully break the previous ATH?
- Ethereum Price Prediction – 3 Reasons Why ETHER is a Strong BUY
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – Can Bitcoin reach 60K again? Maybe, read on.
- Bitcoin price falls 16% in less than 24 hours – Is this the end of the Uptrend?
- BITCOIN Prices Hit 60K! Will Bitcoin Price BOOM HIGHER?
- Bitcoin tads USD 19,000! Why this TA should make you feel concerned
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – Will Bitcoin reach 60K again?
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – BTC Breached 40K! Will it climb to 50K next?
- Bitcoin Price TANKS back to 60K – Should you Start Day Trading?
- Bitcoin News Ticker – CryptoTicker
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: 25K reached, what’s next? BTC at 30K?
- Bitcoin Price Halts – Did the Adjustment KILL the Strong Momentum?
You might also like
More from Bitcoin
Bitcoin price crashed as prices fell below the price of $29,000. Will Bitcoin crash to $20,000? Let's analyze in this …
Bitcoin price made a fakeout above 30K. What's in store for Bitcoin? Let's delve deeper in this Bitcoin price prediction …
This guide offers a comprehensive view of cryptocurrency trading bots. It explores their role and importance in the volatile crypto …