For the cryptocurrency investors, the end of ‘17 and beginning of ’18 has been the best so far. As Bitcoin and Ethereum climbed to their ATHs, they took literally everything else up with them also. Almost all other coins and tokens rose astronomically, during this time period, double digit gains were extremely common and tokens literally multiplied initial investments by factors of tens!
However, like any bubble, it all came crashing down because the price highs were acquired not on a concrete basis (working product, real world usage etc.) but on promises and future plans – the infamous ICO era. It’s sufficient to say that an overwhelming majority of those projects went down with tokens declining in price by 99.9% and getting forgotten. But, a few legitimate projects kept building and continue to be well known even today.
A few of them are showing signs of life, ahead of the incoming bull run. The great thing is that we have an idea about their former ATHs, so even though there’s no guarantee, it’s still possible to speculate on their price actions during the bull run. Let’s look at the top five ancient coins, which are waking up, just in time.
ConsenSys ran AMM platform, Airswap offers order-book less automated liquidity provision for Ethereum based tokens, much like Uniswap or Bancor. It aims to solve the problem of front running, slow transaction times and privacy. Airswap traded at around $1.85 with a market cap of around $263M during the last bull run. AST token is currently changing hands at $0.11-0.12 and with the upcoming improvements planned for the platform, it might achieve it’s former ATH.
4. Genesis Vision
Genesis Vision does fund management, but on blockchain. Launched in 2017 through ICO, it allows anyone to create funds and others to invest in them. The platform offers highly customizable options and a long list of supported assets. GVT’s previous ATH was $39 with a market cap of $145M in the last bull run. For now, the GVT token has a price of $3-4 with a massive upside potential.
Enjin is the original Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) project, developing and maintaining the complete infrastructure around this young field. It proposed and developed the ERC-1155 standard for NFTs. Generally, it focuses on the games and gaming items. ENJ token reached a price of $0.46 in the last bull run, with a market cap of $351M. Currently, it’s trading at $0.41-0.43 and is likely to establish new ATHs in the coming days.
The pioneer in low-cost and cloud-based decentralized data storage, Siacoin has a long and undisputed history as the leader in the field. Siacoin incentivizes users to contribute their idle unused hard-drive space to store files and earn SC tokens in return from people hosting those files. The files are encrypted and distributed, to ensure security and redundancy. Siacoin reached a price of $0.11 during the last bull run, allowing it to attain a market cap of $2.9B and then traded between $0.002-$0.003. It’s currently trading at $0.0043.
Launched in 2015, Nano is a no-fee low latency payments geared cryptocurrency. It’s selling points are instant transactions, high scalability and Proof of Stake (POS) consensus. Because all supply ($133M) is in circulation, Nano doesn’t have any inflation schedule. During the bull market of 2017-18, it reached upto $33 with a market cap of $4.48B and then traded between $1-2 range afterwards. Recently, the asset again began moving upwards again and crossed the $3.5 mark.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Siacoin Powered Skynet Comes Online To Disrupt File Sharing
- Top 5 Crypto Projects Under 5 Cents
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- DeFi Crosses $21B, Ethereum Hovers At $1200 As Alt-Season Looms On The Horizon
- Top 5 Cryptocurrencies of the Week -(Week 38)
- Top 5 Most Attractive DeFi/NFT Investments
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Total Cryptocurrency Market Capitalization Hits $1 Trillion For The First Time Ever!
- Can Enjin Coin (ENJ) Form The Backbone of Non Fungible Tokens?
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Top 5 Small Cap Crypto To Invest in April 2022
- Why ENJIN (ENJ) did 10x and can do it AGAIN!
- ENJ Price Prediction – Is There Still Hope for Enjin Token? Can ENJ reach 1$ again?
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Enjin Coin Soars 70% After Listing Samsung as Partner
- Enjin Evolving To Bring NFTs Limitless Scaling And Multi-Chain Support
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Ethereum 2.0 Exceeds Launch Requirements As Genesis Event Draws Near
You might also like
More from Altcoin
The crypto market is moving higher! Based on current market trends and expert analysis, here are the top 3 altcoins …