When someone mentions the word “cryptocurrency”, we often think of Bitcoin and Ethereum, the two biggest cryptos by market cap. However, Binance Coin or BNB is often somewhat ignored, despite being among the major cryptocurrencies. Binance is the biggest exchange by volume traded. Now that the merge is happening soon, can we expect BNB price to rise? In this article, we take a deep dive into what is Binance and lay out a realistic long-term BNB price prediction.
What is Binance Crypto?
Binance is the world’s largest and most well-known crypto trading platform. The exchange was founded in 2017 by Chinese-Canadian businessman Changpeng Zhao. The company was initially based in China. Due to increasingly strict regulations in the country, the company relocated to Malta.
With the bull market in late 2017, the popularity of the platform skyrocketed. Binance is now by far the most used crypto exchange in the world. The trading volume is more than 10 times higher than the volume of the second largest trading platform (FTX).
On Binance you have the opportunity to trade cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Cardano and others. You can also buy bitcoins directly with a credit card or SEPA process. Binance also offers numerous other functions such as spot trading, margin trading, staking and derivatives.
What is Binance Coin (BNB)?
Binance Coin (BNB) is Binance’s proprietary cryptocurrency. It was first introduced as part of an ICO as an ERC20 token. For example, Binance users who used BNB to pay fees received a 50 percent discount. A fixed limit of 200 million tokens was set at launch. However, 100 million tokens are to be burned in the next few years.
The Binance Coin (BNB) is expected to take on more and more governance functions at Binance over time. By burning new coins, the BNB has a deflationary structure, which should guarantee that the Binance Coin should grow in value over the next few years. However, the price increase also came with the increasing popularity of Binance, which has become by far the largest crypto exchange in the world.
What are the advantages of BNB on Binance?
The BNB plays a crucial role in controlling the two Binance blockchains (Binance Smart Chain and Binance Chain). The BNB is also important on the platform and can bring some benefits to users. Those who pay the fees at Binance with the BNB receive a discount of 25 percent. It is therefore more worthwhile for investors and traders to primarily use the Binance Coin on the platform.
Which Blockchain does Binance use?
At the moment there are two blockchains in the Binance ecosystem that interact and communicate with each other:
- Binance Chain (BC)
- the Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
What is Binance Chain?
Launched in April 2019, Binance Chain is a blockchain independent of Ethereum. The blockchain is used solely for trading on the Binance platform. The Binance Chain uses the Tendermint algorithm for consensus. You can read more about this consensus here .
The Binance Chain is currently still subject to a central authority. The Binance platform continues to control large parts of the blockchain. This should change in the future and decentralization should be promoted.
Proof-of-stake is used for consensus finding at the BNB . This allows you to do staking with the BNB and thus receive rewards on Binance. In contrast to proof-of-work , operating the blockchain is less costly and energy-intensive than with proof-of-work.
Furthermore, the Binance Blockchain is easily scalable and the Tendermint mechanism is considered secure and has a high error tolerance. This combination makes the Binance Chain and thus the BNB so attractive.
What is Binance Smart Chain?
The second blockchain in the Binance ecosystem is the Binance Smart Chain. This blockchain is responsible for the execution of more complex smart contracts. The Binance Smart Chain (BSC) is compatible with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), so many smart contracts can be imported from the Ethereum blockchain to the Binance Smart Chain.
The aim of the BSC is more efficient communication with other blockchains. The consensus at the BSC is achieved with Proof-of-Stake-Authority (PoSA), a form of Delegated Proof-of-Stake. When you create your Binance Coins (BNBs), you can vote directly via the validators at the BSC.
In this article you will learn how to connect your MetaMask wallet to the Binance Smart Chain .
BNB Price Prediction – Will BNB go up?
Binance Coin (BNB) is currently ranked 5th on Coinmarketcap, with a price of $281 and a market cap of $45.3 billion (as of September 06, 2022). If we take out stablecoins, BNB ranks 3rd behind Bitcoin and Ethereum. The BNB has been in third place for some time now and is well ahead of other coins such as ADA or SOL.
Binance has experienced a rapid and massive rise to become the world’s most popular crypto exchange over the past 5 years. This development also helped the BNB and ensured that the coin became more and more popular and rose sharply in price. Investors continue to appreciate the benefits and functionality of the BNB.
In the next few years, it is very likely that Binance Coin (BNB) should continue to rise in price. This is for the following reasons:
- Binance is by far the largest crypto exchange and should continue to expand its dominance over the next few years. Therefore, the benefit of the BNB remains great.
- The Binance ecosystem with the Binance Chain and the Binance Smart Chain is still growing strongly , which should also push the BNB.
- Binance Coin is deflationary in structure. By burning coins, the existing coins should naturally increase in value.
It would not be surprising if BNB were to reach a price of $1,000 in the next year or when the bull market hits again.
Is BNB a Good Buy before the Merge?
An investment in the BNB should be worthwhile right now. The price is currently at the low end of prices in the current cycle due to the bear market. Additionally, the merge is right around the corner. Many crypto hodlers would want to exchange their tokens right before and after the merge. Since this translates in higher trading volumes, Binance will be affected positively. The value should explode again, especially in the next bull market.
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- What is Binance Smart Chain?
- Binance Update: 13th Quarterly Burn And Binance Smart Chain
- New Zealand Crypto Exchange Cryptopia Hacked
- Binance Smart Chain – Devs Are Worried About Blockchain’s Unsustainability
- Binance Smart Bridge Goes Down After $31M Suspected Rugpull
- Binance Smart Chain Topped Up Ethereum’s Transaction – But Did It?
- Top 5 Altcoins to BUY in September 2022 – The Merge is HERE!
- How to Add Binance Smart Chain to Metamask?
- Polygon MATIC Eventual Rise To $7 – What Will Fuel It?
- Binance Coin Price Prediction: How High Can BNB Price reach in 2025?
- Binance Coin Price Prediction – How High Can BNB reach in 2030?
- BNB Price Prediction – Can Binance Coin reach $500 SOON?
- How to use the Binance Smart Chain with MetaMask
- Top 5 Performing Cryptocurrencies of the Week -(Week 7)
- BNB Coin Prediction: What is the Binance Coin Forecast for 2035?
- Cosmos – Atom Ecosystem skyrocking in 2024?!
- Ethereum Merge Date OFFICIALLY OUT! Here’s When Ethereum will Merge
- Ethereum Merge Timeline Announced With Ethereum 2.0 On The Horizon
You might also like
More from Altcoin
BONK, the popular Doge-inspired meme coin, has seen a significant rise of 17.52% in the last 24 hours, showcasing the …