Breaking News: Binance backs out from its decision to acquire FTX. This news took another heavy toll on the crypto market. In the past 24 hours, the crypto market lost on average around 14%. Will the crypto market continue to crash further in the coming few days? In this article, we go over the details of Binance canceling its deal to buy FTX. We’ll also analyze the top 10 cryptos and see how much they lost in the past 24 hours.
Binance backs out from the FTX acquisition
Before we go into how Binance backed out of the deal, we must understand what has happened.
Why is FTX in bad shape?
- FTX is the third-largest crypto exchange
- The company engaged in buying broke crypto companies and was over-leveraged in their crypto holdings
- FTX did not back its customers’ deposits properly
- Binance engaged in a selloff of FTX’s tokens FTT in the open market
On the other hand, the CEO of FTX was claiming just 2 days before announcing that he went bankrupt that FTX is doing just fine. He also hinted at a competitor trying to smear their name.
FTX Announces its bankruptcy
The CEO if FTX announced in a tweet that they reached a “critical phase” and that they turned to their “good friends” over at Binance. The latter offered a helping hand in the beginning and announced that they were looking into acquiring FTX.
CZ, the CEO of Binance clearly stated that they simply signed an LOI (letter of intent), which is non-binding. This means that they can walk out of the deal at any time. Well, this is what happened after just 1 day.
Binance Backs out from the FTX Acquisition
The crypto world was shocked to hear the news that Binance walks out of the deal. The reason behind this rational was that the due diligence that Binance did on FTX revealed that the company mishandled its customers’ deposits. This is a big red flag not only for FTX, but for most other crypto exchanges. This phenomenon can happen to anyone now, and the regulators have their eyes wide open.
The Crypto Market CRASHED on this News
After the announcement of the cancellation of the acquisition, the crypto market crashed further. On average, most cryptos lost around 14% in the past 24 hours.
- Bitcoin (BTC): $15,990 (-13.96 %)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,124 (-15.34 %)
- Tether (USDT): $1 (0 %)
- USD Coin (USDC): $1 (0 %)
- Binance Coin(BNB): $269 (-15.66 %)
- Binance USD (BUSD): $1 (0 %)
- Ripple (XRP): $0.33 (-17.53 %)
- Cardano (ADA): $0.31 (-13.81 %)
- Dogecoin (DOGE): $0.073 (-15.08 %)
- Polygon (MATIC): $0.80 (-22.08 %)
Are you looking for a chart analysis tool that doesn’t distract you with community messages and other noise? Check out GoCharting! This is an easy-to-use online charting tool that requires no downloads or prior knowledge.
Click here to get a 10% discount on your first payment (monthly or yearly)!
CLICK THIS LINK TO TRADE CRYPTOS AT BITFINEX!
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Bitcoin Prediction: Bitcoin will reach THIS level according to this TYCOON
- Binance acquires FTX: is Binance manipulating FTT 70% crash?
- SHIB’s Burn Rate Soars: Can it Ignite a Price Rally in 2023?
- Is Binance Exchange on the Verge of Collapsing?
- Top 5 Cryptos to BUY after the FTX Crash
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- What are Crypto Reserves and How to know how much is available?
- Binance Resumes Withdrawals and Spot Trading After Glitches Causing Outage
- SBF Arrest: Good News for the Crypto Market?
- FTT Token dropped by more than 35% after Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao’s Action
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- After FTX Crash: Which RISKY Crypto Exchanges might collapse?
- What is Happening with FTX? FTX is now being hacked or insiders are making a run with stolen funds?
- Elon Musk Backs out from Twitter – Is Dogecoin Price Affected?
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- Binance’s CZ Caught Partying Lavishly on Yacht with Other Founders!
- Ethereum Price Prediction: ETH Down -20%, will Ethereum crash to 1000 $?
- FTX Update: This User withdrew MILLIONS from FTX, and SBF to Prison?
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Breaking News: More than 50 Crypto Tokens including ADA, LUNA, and TRX Now Considered Securities by the US SEC
US SEC has declared over 50 tokens, including ADA, LUNA, and TRX, as securities. Let's take a look at these …
BIG NEWS: Binance US Streamlines Trading Pairs and Halts OTC Operations
Binance.US, the U.S. subsidiary of Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange, has announced significant changes to its trading operations.
Enhancing Your Chances for the LayerZero Airdrop: A Comprehensive Guide
This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide on how to improve your eligibility for the potential LayerZero airdrop.