A lot has happened this year in 2022. The crypto market had a bearish year while crypto exchanges and companies were shaken to their core. On the other hand, crypto adoption increased as big companies entered the Metaverse and the Digital world. Why is MATIC price down while Polygon adoption is up?
What is Polygon Blockchain?
Polygon (formerly known as Matic Network) is a blockchain platform that provides infrastructure for building and connecting decentralized applications (dApps). It is designed to be a scalable and secure layer 2 solution for the Ethereum blockchain, meaning that it is built on top of Ethereum and aims to improve the speed and scalability of Ethereum by allowing transactions to be processed off-chain and then anchored to the Ethereum blockchain.
One of the main features of Polygon is its support for a variety of blockchain protocols, including Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and PoA (Proof of Authority). This allows developers to build dApps on Polygon using a variety of protocols, depending on their specific needs.
In addition to providing infrastructure for dApp development, Polygon also offers a range of tools and services for developers, including a development kit, documentation, and support for smart contract development.
What is MATIC Crypto?
MATIC is an ERC-20 token, which means it is built on the Ethereum blockchain and follows the ERC-20 standard. This standard defines a set of rules that all ERC-20 tokens must follow, including how the tokens can be transferred and how smart contracts can interact with them.
In addition to being used to pay transaction fees on the Matic Network, MATIC tokens can also be used to participate in the governance of the Matic Network by voting on proposals to improve the network. MATIC tokens can also be bought and sold on cryptocurrency exchanges.
Why is MATIC Price Down?
Cryptocurrencies still move in the same direction, especially in tandem with Bitcoin. If the general movement is upwards, MATIC would follow, and the opposite is also true. Despite its recent usage by multinational corporations, MATIC price crashed by more than 30% in the past 3 months. The reason simply is that the crypto market is still crashing due to many reasons:
- The FTX crash caused uncertainty in the crypto market
- Regulatory changes: Governments and regulatory bodies around the world have different approaches to cryptocurrencies. Changes in regulations or the introduction of new regulations can affect the market.
- Market demand: The aggregate demand for cryptocurrencies affects overall prices. When bad events happen in the crypto market, demand becomes much less, putting a pressure on lower prices.
MATIC 2023: Will MATIC price recover next year?
Polygon has the potential to improve the scalability, speed, and user experience of Ethereum-based applications, which could make it an attractive project for developers and users. However, the current crypto market is bearish, which makes it bad to invest in MATIC currently.
In Q3 2023, the crypto market should rebound and MATIC should also go back on its uptrend. Once this happens, MATIC should increase and has no problem reaching its all-time high of around $3.
Offer from CryptoTicker
Are you looking for a chart analysis tool that doesn’t distract you with community messages and other noise? Check out GoCharting! This is an easy-to-use online charting tool that requires no downloads or prior knowledge.
- MATIC Price to reach $1 before 2023 if THIS Happens!
- MATIC rebounds Higher despite Crypto Crash…Buy MATIC at a Discount?
- Breaking: Polygon (MATIC) Defies the Odds, Set to Hit $2 Mark?
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Is This The Right Time To Invest in Polygon(MATIC)? All You Need To Know
- Top 5 Altcoins to BUY in September 2022 – The Merge is HERE!
- Which is BETTER in 2023: Ethereum or Polygon?
- Conservative MATIC Price Prediction 2022: Buy MATIC before Year End?
- Polygon vs Polkadot: Who Will Hit $10 in the Next 90 Days? Potential Scenarios Unveiled!
- How the Ethereum Shanghai Upgrade Could Affect Top Ethereum Layer 2 Coins: A Comprehensive Guide
- Polygon Prediction: Can Polygon MATIC Price reach 1$ by the end of 2023?
- Why is MATIC Price UP despite the Bearish Crypto Market? Here’s Why…
- Polygon Price Prediction: Can MATIC Price Reach $3 in 2023?
- MATIC Price is looking BULLISH! Here’s what to Expect in the coming weeks…
- 3 Possible Reasons why Investors are Stocking up on MATIC
- Don’t Miss on MATIC anymore! Buy MATIC at the next DIP?
- Is MATIC the ONLY Crypto with Good Fundamentals and Future?
- Polygon MATIC is still under $1! Buy MATIC today? Maybe, read on
- Keep an eye on MATIC as prices can Double soon! Here’s Why…
- MATIC Price goes back to 1$: Time to BUY MATIC before Prices EXPLODE?
- Top 3 Altcoins to BUY in April 2023: Best Crypto Investments
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Ethereum phone: designed to seamlessly integrate with EVM chains and layer 2s. It created a significant buzz by selling out …
Within a few months of its introduction, Base protocol has accrued a TVL of $185 million. Is Cardano dead?