The company was successful in the past with their releases of Origin (sharing economy platform), Props (live-streaming), Blockstack (decentralized web protocol) and Filecoin (token for cloud storage).
However, they are probably best known for the stablecoin TrueUSD, which is looking to take over for Tether (USDT) as the most widely used USD-pegged coin. Through TrustToken, the company hopes to create similar stablecoins pegged to the Euro and Yen.
Tether Appoints New CCO
Leonardo Real will head up Tether’s push to clean up their reputation. The USD-pegged cryptocurrency has consistently taken flack for uncertain business practices and even being accused of directly inflating the price of Bitcoin.
Leonardo Real was the AML Quality Control Manager at the Bank of Montreal, but has officially accepted the position with Tether as Chief Compliance Officer (CCO). He is self-proclaimed longtime advocate of blockchain technology, and hopes to bring his passion for the industry to help Tether showcase a commitment to transparency and regulatory compliance.
IBM Developing Stablecoin
IBM already uses the technology from Stellar (XLM) for internal payment processing. However, the company now announced it will partner with Stronghold USD “to experiment with ways for financial institutions and other organizations to achieve faster, safer and more efficient transaction processing and money transfer throughout the world’s economy.”
Task Force for Digital Currency Fraud Established
The American Department of Justice (DOJ) was given an executive order by President Trump to establish a “Task Force on Market Integrity and Consumer Fraud.” The group will replace the “Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force” established under Obama.
The group will cover fraud “on the government, the financial markets, and consumers, including cyber-fraud …securities and commodities fraud, as well as other corporate fraud, with particular attention to fraud affecting the general public; digital currency fraud; money laundering, including the recovery of proceeds; health care fraud; tax fraud; and other financial crimes.”
Any further investigation into the relationship of Bitcoin’s price and Tether will likely be processed by this new task force.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Japan’s Cryptocurrency-Based SWIFT Alternative Approved by G7
- Updates on Money-Laundering and Crypto to be discussed at G-20
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Tether’s Noble Bank In Trouble?
- Top 5 Biggest Stablecoins by Market Capitalization in 2022
- First Digital Launches USD Stablecoin Amid Hong Kong Crypto Regulations
- Tether stablecoin crash to follow Terra’s disaster? This is what we know.
- What Is Tether? Will It Fall Like UST In The Future?
- Top 3 Stablecoins in 2022: Your Key To Success?
- What is Tether USDT and Why should you care about its Traded Volume?
- Facebook Launches Fintech Company to Pursue Libra Project
- BIG News: PayPal Finally Enters Crypto…What is PYUSD?
- Top 3 Stablecoins to Buy instead of USDC
- Everything You Need To Know About FRAX Shares
- Can you BUY Facebook’s DIEM at launch? (X-LIBRA project)
- New York implements Crypto Task Force: Impact on the rest of the World
- US House of Financial Services Committee to hold a hearing with top Crypto Industry CEOs
- $250 Million New Tether – Stablecoins Competition Rising
- Top 7 crypto-friendly countries: CT Special Report
- Jamie Dimon Says He “Regrets” Calling Bitcoin a Fraud
You might also like
More from ICO News
Pauly, had been instrumental in rallying investor interest in PNDX through various social media channels. Let's take a look at …
In a significant victory for justice, an individual behind a crypto scam has been sentenced to an eight-year prison term. …
Want to know more about Upland's money scheme and fake community building? This article aims to shed light on these …