Stellar, an open-source protocol for value exchange founded in early 2014 by Jed McCaleb and Joyce Kim is in talks to acquire blockchain startup Chain for $500. Stellar Lumens also known as XLM is the cryptocurrency (digital currency) of the stellar network. It is an open-source code for money exchange, as reported by Fortune.
The goal of XLM network is to connect people, payment systems and banks. In the world of cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency of the Bitcoin network. Just like Bitcoin, Stellar is the network and Lumens is the cryptocurrency of the stellar network. It is a distributed payment framework. It means they use the internet to communicate and connect with other stellar servers which allows a quick, easy and authentic global money exchange. Currently, Lumen is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world
The Stellar’s current market cap is at $4.3 billion and it will pay $500 million worth of XLM to acquire Chain, the San Francisco-based startup building blockchain technology for the financial industry. Chain had raised more than $43 million from different investors like Khosla Ventures, RRE Ventures, Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Nasdaq, Visa, Citi Ventures, Thrive Capital, BoxGroup, and Haystack.
According to Fortune, Chain’s supporters will receive payment in the form of Lumens, which they will be able to hold or sell immediately after the transaction.
Stellar’s interest in Chain is mainly based on the fact that the company has talented blockchain developers, which are in high demand but short supply. Such “acqui-hires” have become increasingly common in the ecosystem, particularly among cash-rich firms like Coinbase.
It’s not clear what Stellar’s plans are for the San Francisco-based Chain, which creates endeavor blockchain arrangements including Sequence, a record as-a-benefit item that enables associations to move adjusts in token configuration on private records.
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Stellar Node Outage Halts Transactions for Two Hours
- Is Stellar Crypto Worth A Big Investment in 2022? BUY $XLM Today?
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Coinbase Looks to Expand Digital Asset Range
- Two projects that chose Stellar’s blockchain over ETH just because it’s better
- Is Stellar XLM 2019 Roadmap a Game Changer?
- Stellar (XLM) Silently Patched a 2.25 Billion XLM Inflation Bug in 2017
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Top 3 Cryptocurrencies To Invest In November 2021
- Stellar Lumens (XLM) Price Analysis
- Stellar beyond borders: Available on THOSE Exchanges!
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- XLM price Analysis – How low will Stellar Lumens fall?
- Stellar Lumens (XLM) Price Analysis: What’s Next?
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Can Stellar’s partnerships with IBM and BloomX leave Ripple behind?
- 4 Vital Services that Ripple (XRP) and Stellar (XLM) Can Improve
- Small Cap Tokens To Make Profit From In The Market
You might also like
More from Blockchain
How High will XRP Price reach after Ripple wins the SEC Lawsuit? XRP 3$?
Will we then see a price explosion from the XRP coin to $3 if Ripple wins the SEC lawsuit? Let's …
Shiba Inu Price to EXPLODE as Shibarium Burns 70% of Base Fee?
Will Shiba inu price increase and skyrocket again? Where will Shiba Inu price reach? What's new with Shiba Inu?
MATIC Price goes back to 1$: Time to BUY MATIC before Prices EXPLODE?
Is it smart to buy MATIC at current prices? Will MATIC go down further or retrace higher? Let's analyze in …