The NFT Archaeology work basically started from Ethereum in its early days, then the focus moved on to Bitcoin/Counterparty assets. But, the virtual archaeologists didn’t stop there and looked at even obscure old blockchains (mostly defunct today) in depth. NFT fractionalization has recently become popular, which means that a single non-fungible token (NFT) is divided into multiple “fungible tokens” for shared ownership and community building. Generally, this is reserved for high-end assets and those with cultural or historical significance, usually expensive. But, this trend started in 2014 on a blockchain called NXT. Meet NXTdrop – the world’s first fractionalized oil painting!
NXTdrop Basic Details
Official Website: http://nxtdrop.blogspot.com/
Physical Copy Offered For Buying On: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/nxtdrop-192220428038122694 (defunct)
NXT Asset ID: 2751500054965016187
Total Number Of Shares: 100,000
Asset Deployment Time: 14 May 2014 at 4:47:31
Account Of Generation: NXT-V5JC-2WXJ-LHPL-8E5JZ
Introduction To The World’s First Fractionalized Oil Painting
NXTdrop was the world’s first fractionalized oil painting with the NXTdrop token representing shares of ownership in the oil painting. It was deployed on 14 May 2014 in the early morning at 4:47:3 as recorded on the NXT blockchain. This makes it number third oldest NFTs on all blockchains- only preceded by the Thing (second NFT on Bitcoin/Counterparty) by 1 month 1 week (mint date 07 Apr 2014) and the Test (first NFT on Bitcoin/Counterparty) by 4 months (mint date 13 Jan 2014).
There are 100,000 shares in total, with very few available on the NXT exchange for obvious reasons. It was offered for sale in the world’s first (again) Initial Painting Offering (IPO) at 1 NXT per share, immediately after minting, and completely sold out one day after it was minted on 15 May 2014. The official description reads:
“NXTdrop” is the worlds first decentralized oil painting. To have an possibility to follow this paintings value in realtime and to have it as an decentralized asset; is totally a new concept in the world of fine art. I am looking forward to ship this painting over to the NXT-team to take it in a very public places and to take a good care of it. Hopefully, some day, it will find its way to a nice (modern art) museum. More info available in: http://nxtdrop.blogspot.fi/
Ahead of its time? You bet! We are talking 2014 and hence astronomical historical value! This painting and the IPO event combined two firsts – NXTdrop was the first time an NFT was fractionalized and it was the first time that the fractionalized shares of ownership were offered for sale. We have no idea where the actual painting and the creator are, but there are still some for sale on the NXT asset exchange, which in the future might be embedded into an Emblem Vault and brought over to OpenSea.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- NFT Art – Are they BIG and MORE than Art?
- Curio Cards – An Indepth Review Of The Oldest Ethereum Art Collection
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Are Fractionalized NFTs the NEXT CRAZE? All you Need to Know
- Will Mutant Cats Be Valuable In The Future?
- A Major Problem with NFTs was Solved thanks to NFTX, Here’s How…
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Porsche NFT Allowlist NOW Open – 20 Dec to Jan, 06-2023
- NFTs: History and the Future Explained
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Curio Cards Full Set Sold For $1.2M In Christie’s Ether Exclusive Auction
- The Top Three Most Expensive NFT Sales to Date!
- The Top 5 NFT Marketplaces
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Top 5 Upcoming NFT Collections To Buy
- Sotheby’s “Source Code For The WWW” NFT Worth $5.4M Might Have Been Inauthentic
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- CryptoBots NFT Game 2017 Is Making A Lazarus Style Return!
- Rapper 50 Cent Admits That He Never Actually Owned Bitcoin
- Microsponsors Launch Crypto NFT Market, Users Can Monetize Their Time