Nowadays, there are several hundred crypto exchanges, all vying for the favor of the market participants. It can sometimes be very tiring to find out which crypto exchange actually suits you. To help you with this decision, the CryptoTicker team has already written several articles about various exchanges. Among all these reviews, one about Kraken should not be missing.
Kraken is one of the most popular crypto exchanges. With currently 55 different cryptocurrencies listed on the platform and trading fees of 0.16% and 0.26% respectively, the Californian company has been able to establish itself as a reliable place to trade cryptocurrencies.
The most important facts & figures about Kraken
In this exchange review, we will highlight the features of Kraken and try to show for whom the exchange is suitable.
What features has Kraken to offer?
- Trading of 55 different cryptocurrencies available for trading
- Margin trading
- Staking of 10 different assets, including ETH, BTC, Polkadot, as well as EUR and USD.
- Instant buy via credit card at reasonable fees
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Trading
- 24/7 support
- An app
Available deposit methods:
- Bank transfer (USD, CAD)
- SEPA (EUR),
- JPY & GBP via Etana Custody
- Bank Frick (CHF)
- SWIFT (AUD)
- Cryptocurrencies (overview here)
Currencies listed on the platform
|Basic Attention Token||Decentraland||Keep Network||PAX Gold||The Graph|
|Bitcoin||Energy Web Token||Kyber Network||Qtum||Uniswap|
|Bitcoin Cash||EOS||Lisk||Ripple||USD Coin|
|Chainlink||Ethereum Classic||Melon||Stellar Lumens||Yearn Finance|
|Swiss Franc (CHF)|
|British pound (GBP)|
|Canadian Dollar (CAD)|
|Australian Dollar (AUD)|
Advantages and disadvantages of Kraken
- One of the oldest exchanges on the market
- Comparatively low fees for regular trading
- Trading with leverage of up to 1:5
- High trading volume for every cryptocurrency listed
- Trading pairs against Euro
- Large education section designed to help beginners to learn how to start trading cryptocurrencies
- Cryptowatch (service for professional traders with many tools such as trading on multiple exchanges, real-time data, etc.)
- High returns on staking (0.25% p.a. to 17% p.a.)
- No deposit insurance
- Customer service only available in text form (but 24/7 via live chat or alternatively via email)
- User interface could be more intuitive and less convoluted
Fees on Kraken
Fees per trade
Varies, depending on trading volume over the last 30 days
|30-Days Volume (USD)||Maker||Taker|
|$0 – $50,000||0.16%||0.26%|
|$50,001 – $100,000||0.14%||0.24%|
|$100,001 – $250,000||0.12%||0.22%|
|$250,001 – $500,000||0.10%||0.20%|
|$500,001 – $1,000,000||0.08%||0.18%|
- EUR: €0,09
- USD: min. $4
- CAD: 0,25%
- GBP: £1.95
- AUD: free of charge (only in Australia), otherwise 35 AUD
- CHF: 1 CHF
- JPY: equivalent 35 USD
- varies for cryptocurrencies
All in all, Kraken is recommended for almost everyone. The exchange meets the requirements of regulators in every country where it operates. With the additional features offered, such as staking, margin and futures trading, the platform is set up very widely overall. The somewhat convoluted user interface and the lack of investment protection are a minor drawback for us, but this is not a major issue considering the otherwise very solid offering.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- BitMEX Review 2022: Is BitMEX a Good Exchange?
- Top 3 Cryptocurrency Exchanges for 2022
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges To Short Sell During the Crash and Make Money
- What is Phemex Cryptocurrency Exchange and How does it work? – The Ultimate Guide
- Crypto Market: ZEON Jumps 673%, NavCoin DAO, LINK RSI/TokenSets etc.
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Trade cryptocurrencies, forex & co. with TradeATF
- 10-Capital Review: Reliable Cryptocurrency Trading Broker To Use?
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- The Top 7 Crypto Debit/Credit Cards
- Elrond (ERD) is up 5,100% in the last 4 Months, Mainnet Only 1 Hour Away
- What Is Augur? Is Augur Still Worth Investing In 2022?
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Bybit Review 2022: Is Bybit a Good Exchange?
- bitFlyer Review 2022: Is bitFlyer a Good Exchange?
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Kraken Review 2022 – Is Kraken a Good Exchange?
You might also like
More from Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Genesis has declared bankruptcy after enduring catastrophic losses. As a result, Genesis has filed for bankruptcy.