Ethereum is a platform for decentralized applications. The native currency ETH is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies with a market cap of around $16,057,758,670 USD. The Ethereum network has processed around 594,961,331 transactions to date with an average hash rate of 173,288.01 GH/s.
The supply of ETH isn’t regulated by any government and users can use ETH to make payments, as a store of value. There are unique ETH addresses and many newcomers always come up with questions like are ETH addresses case-sensitive? Let’s take a look at it in more detail.
Are Ethereum addresses case sensitive?
The simple and a straightforward answer is No. The ETH addresses are not case sensitive. Ethereum addresses start with “0x” which is a standard identifier for the hexadecimal numeral system. It is concatenated with the almost 20 bytes of the hash of the public key. For example, the following is one example of ETH addresses:
As mentioned earlier, the Ethereum addresses are in hexadecimal numerical systems which are a combination of 0-9 & A-F. The uppercase “A” is the same as a lower case “a”. The caps lock is intended for the arbitrary checksum. The Checksum method is ciphered in the address modification with capitalization. It is difficult to verify the legality of a special address if it only includes letters in lowercase. However, each modification will serve properly as an address. A checksum is a data that is obtained from digital data to identify errors that may have been injected during its transmission or storage. The complete details of how it works can be found here.
Hence, if you are a new user and if you are thinking about this type of question then always remember that Ethereum addresses are not case-sensitive. Always remember that two addresses, one with capital letters and one without are the same address.
- Dogecoin Price Prediction – Can DOGE 10x in the Next Bull?
- How are Ethereum Addresses Generated?
- All You Need to Know About Bitcoin Wallets
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Ethereum 0x Human Unreadable Address? Now Get An ENS .eth With Ease!
- Crypto Basics – Don’t know What Ethereum crypto is? Here’s a Complete Guide
- Do Bitcoin Addresses Expire?
- Shiba Inu Price is about to Increase because of THIS indicator!
- Are Ethereum Transactions Traceable?
- Is Monero XMR Truly Anonymous? Here’s What to Know About $XMR!
- BIGGEST Shiba Inu Prediction: How High can SHiB reach before 2023?
- How To Crypto – A Curated List Of CryptoTicker Articles To Get You Started
- How To Buy Solana Domain Name
- What is the Blockchain data structure?
- What is Zcash (ZEC)? Why are Investors Buying ZEC?
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- How to Buy Ethereum on KuCoin? Step by Step Guide
- How To Use Ledger Plus MetaMask – Guide To The Safest Crypto Setup
- Exchange Ethereum with Bitcoin easily and decentrally? This is how atomic swaps work
You might also like
More from Ethereum
Following the Binance FTX incident, cryptos crashed. Will Ethereum crash to 1000 $? Let's analyze in this Ethereum price prediction …
FTX token crashed by more than 20%, crashing the entire crypto market. Here are the latest crypto prices during this …