Zuckerberg’s statement about renaming Facebook’s parent company Meta brought the Metaverse to the front pages of newspapers. Since then, various metaverses such as The Sandbox or Decentraland have gained in popularity. Zuckerberg’s Metaverse is still a long time coming. However, investors and users are already disappointed. Advance screenshots of the Metaverse look unappealing and the project is swallowing billions. Does the Metaverse mean the end of Facebook? Is the Facebook crypto project a failed venture?
Behind the competition
For Q2 2022, the former Facebook group reported a decline in sales for the first time. It’s not just the expensive meta project that’s swallowing up billions, the advertising revenue for the entire group is declining. The reason for this are more attractive offers from the competition. Platforms like TikTok attract users, while Instagram and Facebook annoy users with new, unpopular features. Users are spending less and less time on the group’s social media platforms. This reduces advertising sales. Even features like “Reels”, which Meta copied from TikTok, cannot be monetized as well as the original posts. Most recently, the Instagram platform made negative headlines when some big influencers and celebrities went on the barricades against recent updates.
Facebook Crypto Projects: A disappointing start
The Metaverse is considered Zuckerberg’s prestige project. In the long term, Meta should cushion the falling user numbers and advertising revenue of the original Facebook core business. Zuckerberg sees the future of Web3.0 in the Metaverse. And this should take place on platforms of the meta group.
Recently, however, it has become quiet about the billion-euro project. Only investors and investors followed the plans of the Metaverse spellbound – because Zuckerberg’s project devoured billions. So far, the programming of the Metaverse has cost the group well over USD 10 billion. Investors’ expectations are therefore high.
If the billion-dollar project turns into a flop, Meta’s future is entirely in question.
Metaverse – Billion Dollar Grave?
In the course of this week, the first screenshots appeared, which are supposed to show Zuckerberg’s metaverse. The pictures are not particularly impressive. In fact, first impressions are so awful that Zuckerberg was met with mockery and ridicule. The avatars and objects look like they are from a first-generation console game. If any. If the graphics of the Metaverse don’t change radically, the first Meta-Metaverse project is in danger of becoming a flop.
Even apart from the ugly visual design, “Zuck’s” meta-project faces massive headwinds. The critics are mainly Metaverse advocates. They are of the opinion that a metaverse must be decentralized and should not be in the hands of a corporation. This would be the core essence of the Metaverse.
Is Facebook Crypto Project DEAD?
Shrinking user numbers, declining popularity of the core business, more attractive competing platforms, and a metaverse that scares users away not only because of its graphics. The meta group faces massive problems. The share of the social media group has been in free fall for a year. Does the stock market see the future coming? With a P/E of 14, Meta is cheaply valued, but the future of the group is extremely questionable.
Although the social media giant will not go bankrupt in the next few years due to gigantic cash flows, a growth story is also questionable. Should new decentralized social media applications appear with Web3.0, the air for the meta group could become thin.
- The Future of the Internet: Web3 vs. Metaverse
- Facebook Rebrands To Meta, Announces High End AR/VR Headset
- Top 5 Metaverse Stocks For 2023
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Top 3 Metaverse Cryptos you MUST Consider Buying
- Top 5 Airdrops February 2022 – FREE Cryptos with THESE Projects!
- Hot take: Wall Street Analysts on Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Meta rolling out NFT sharing on Instagram and Facebook is BAD?
- Why is MATIC up 20%? It might have to do with Facebook…
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- What Is MetaPay Crypto? Here’s What The Project is About!
- Facebook Launches Fintech Company to Pursue Libra Project
- FACT: Will Shiba Inu Coin reach $1 during the next Bullrun?
- Three new Metaverse Trends that could Revolutionize the Web in 2023
- Top 5 Metaverse Tokens By Market Capitalization
- Crypto Metaverse: A Complete Overview For the Future Ahead
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- Top 3 Metaverse Tokens to Buy in April 2022!
- Here’s why you should skip Facebook’s Crypto: Instagram Data Breach
- Facebook Crypto Projects Fail! Here’s why DIEM and LIBRA Dumped
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Exactly how high can Cardano go? Can Cardano reach $5 in 2023? Let's conservatively analyze in this Cardano price prediction …
How high will Solana reach? Is it a good idea to buy Solana now? Let's analyze in this Solana prediction …