Zuckerberg’s statement about renaming Facebook’s parent company Meta brought the Metaverse to the front pages of newspapers. Since then, various metaverses such as The Sandbox or Decentraland have gained in popularity. Zuckerberg’s Metaverse is still a long time coming. However, investors and users are already disappointed. Advance screenshots of the Metaverse look unappealing and the project is swallowing billions. Does the Metaverse mean the end of Facebook? Is the Facebook crypto project a failed venture?
Behind the competition
For Q2 2022, the former Facebook group reported a decline in sales for the first time. It’s not just the expensive meta project that’s swallowing up billions, the advertising revenue for the entire group is declining. The reason for this are more attractive offers from the competition. Platforms like TikTok attract users, while Instagram and Facebook annoy users with new, unpopular features. Users are spending less and less time on the group’s social media platforms. This reduces advertising sales. Even features like “Reels”, which Meta copied from TikTok, cannot be monetized as well as the original posts. Most recently, the Instagram platform made negative headlines when some big influencers and celebrities went on the barricades against recent updates.
Facebook Crypto Projects: A disappointing start
The Metaverse is considered Zuckerberg’s prestige project. In the long term, Meta should cushion the falling user numbers and advertising revenue of the original Facebook core business. Zuckerberg sees the future of Web3.0 in the Metaverse. And this should take place on platforms of the meta group.
Recently, however, it has become quiet about the billion-euro project. Only investors and investors followed the plans of the Metaverse spellbound – because Zuckerberg’s project devoured billions. So far, the programming of the Metaverse has cost the group well over USD 10 billion. Investors’ expectations are therefore high.
If the billion-dollar project turns into a flop, Meta’s future is entirely in question.
Metaverse – Billion Dollar Grave?
In the course of this week, the first screenshots appeared, which are supposed to show Zuckerberg’s metaverse. The pictures are not particularly impressive. In fact, first impressions are so awful that Zuckerberg was met with mockery and ridicule. The avatars and objects look like they are from a first-generation console game. If any. If the graphics of the Metaverse don’t change radically, the first Meta-Metaverse project is in danger of becoming a flop.
Even apart from the ugly visual design, “Zuck’s” meta-project faces massive headwinds. The critics are mainly Metaverse advocates. They are of the opinion that a metaverse must be decentralized and should not be in the hands of a corporation. This would be the core essence of the Metaverse.
Is Facebook Crypto Project DEAD?
Shrinking user numbers, declining popularity of the core business, more attractive competing platforms, and a metaverse that scares users away not only because of its graphics. The meta group faces massive problems. The share of the social media group has been in free fall for a year. Does the stock market see the future coming? With a P/E of 14, Meta is cheaply valued, but the future of the group is extremely questionable.
Although the social media giant will not go bankrupt in the next few years due to gigantic cash flows, a growth story is also questionable. Should new decentralized social media applications appear with Web3.0, the air for the meta group could become thin.
- The Future of the Internet: Web3 vs. Metaverse
- Facebook Rebrands To Meta, Announces High End AR/VR Headset
- Top 5 Metaverse Stocks For 2023
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Top 3 Metaverse Cryptos you MUST Consider Buying
- Hot take: Wall Street Analysts on Facebook’s cryptocurrency Libra
- Top 5 Airdrops February 2022 – FREE Cryptos with THESE Projects!
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- Meta rolling out NFT sharing on Instagram and Facebook is BAD?
- Why is MATIC up 20%? It might have to do with Facebook…
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- What Is MetaPay Crypto? Here’s What The Project is About!
- Facebook Launches Fintech Company to Pursue Libra Project
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Disney takes drastic measures: 7,000 layoffs and Metaverse division shut down
- Three new Metaverse Trends that could Revolutionize the Web in 2023
- Top 5 Metaverse Tokens By Market Capitalization
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Crypto Metaverse: A Complete Overview For the Future Ahead
- Top 3 Metaverse Tokens to Buy in April 2022!
- Here’s why you should skip Facebook’s Crypto: Instagram Data Breach
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Top 5 Layer 2 Coins To Buy Now To 10x Your Portfolio
Layer 2 (L2) solutions enable blockchain networks to be scaled and costs reduced. This post will look at the top …
Ripple Forecast 2023: XRP’s Potential Surpasses Expectations?
Ripple forecast: New Value Report has generated significant excitement within the crypto industry, despite ongoing regulatory challenges.
Top 5 Cryptos Making Gains while the Crypto Market Consolidates
In this article, we will explore the current state of the crypto market and highlight the top 5 cryptos that …