In another day of awesome crypto news, Bitcoin hit a new all-time high of $44,801.87 on Monday, February 8th, 2021. The price surge followed an announcement from Tesla that the company had purchased $1.5 billion in Bitcoin for a variety of reasons.
Among other statements within Tesla’s SEC filing, they stated that they expect to begin accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment:
“We invested an aggregate $1.50 billion in bitcoin under this policy and may acquire and hold digital assets from time to time or long-term. Moreover, we expect to begin accepting bitcoin as a form of payment for our products in the near future, subject to applicable laws and initially on a limited basis, which we may or may not liquidate upon receipt.”
This news came well received in the market as Bitcoin witnessed a 14% surge today. The statement also follows a slew of announcements from multiple high-profile companies that point toward a major increase in acceptance of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as payment methods in the near-future. In the past months, other big players joined the cryptocurrency market including Fidelity Investments, Square, and PayPal.
Elon Musk continues to entertain the market with his tweets including a variety of DogeCoin based tweets which have effectively allowed Doge to hit a record high on Monday.
All-in-all we are happy and optimistic following the Tesla news and we expect Bitcoin to continue its surge as a $1.5 billion endorsement from a company of Tesla’s magnitude is no small feat for a currency that has been lambasted and ridiculed by naysayers in the past decade. Our analysts predict an upcoming move to $50K. Hold on tight!
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Breaking News: Dogecoin Price Rally to Leave Shiba Inu in the Dust? Read This Elon Musk’s Crypto Bombshell
- JP Morgan Doubts Corporate Adoption of Bitcoin
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Bitcoin Prices Drop as NFT’s Sell Big.
- 3 Reasons Why The Crypto Market Crashed! BTC/ETH/XRP Down 10%
- Puppet Master? How Elon Musk Tweets Affect Bitcoin Price
- Elon Musk is under SEC Investigation…Again?
- Bitcoin 69420 – Ultimate Meme Value Is Coming Sooner Than You Think!
- TESLA buys BTC – Will Facebook, Google and Amazon follow?
- Why Elon Musk was WRONG about Bitcoin
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction – Is SHIB dead?
- NBA Team, Dallas Mavericks, Now Accepts Dogecoin
- You can STILL Buy Tesla with Dogecoin, but NOT with Bitcoin Anymore?
- Will We See More Cryptocurrency Transactions at Online Casinos in 2020?
- Hackers hacked Tesla’s public cloud server to mine cryptocurrency
- Elon Musk Paradox – Taking Profits From Bitcoin Or Proving Liquidity?
More from Bitcoin News
Bitcoin price has been showing fluctuations lately, especially since the bear market began. Let's take a look at this …
Bitcoin mining involves millions of computers worldwide, known as 'miners', that track and verify transactions. Unlike centralized systems like the …
Two recent developments involving major exchanges Binance and Kraken have sent ripples through the industry. Will crypto crash?