It’s been a rocky week for most cryptocurrencies, most notably for digital currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple. This week (August 4–11, 2018) cryptocurrency market capitalization has a slightly fluctuating trend with a commendable rate and as of writing this article equaled $206.00 billion (see below figure). On August 4, the total market cap was $249.73 billion. It was drastically decreased by 32.3 billion and on August 8, it was $217.43 billion. According to Coinlib, the total market cap on Aug 11 is $206.00 billion.
Now the dominance of the trendsetter cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) as of writing has been increased to 52% from 51%. On Aug 8, its dominance was increased to 53% from 51% but on Aug 9 it went down to 48%. It again went up by 4% and as of writing this article it is at 52%. Ethereum (ETH) dominance was decreased to 16% on Aug 9. ETH dominance is showing fluctuating behavior and as of writing this article it is at 16%. Ripple (XRP) was at 7% on Aug 4 and as of writing this article it is at 6%. The following figures show us the dominance of these three cryptocurrencies respectively.
Now, the total volume of cryptocurrency market has been fluctuating. On Aug 4, it was $12.62 B. It showed tremendous growth and on Aug 8 total volume was $16.96 B but after that within 24 hours it again went down ‘like a house of cards and on Aug 9 the total volume was $13.51B. The following figure is showing us the total volume of cryptocurrency market.
Top 20 cryptocurrencies by market cap
Following image is showing us the top 20 cryptocurrencies by market cap. Bitcoin market cap is 105.49 B(51%), Ethereum market cap is $31.37 B (15%), Ripple(XRP) market cap is 11.59 B( 6%), market cap of others is $19.07B (9%), Bitcoin cash $9.54B(5%), EOS $4.53 B(2%), Litecoin $3.25B (2%), Stellar $3.93 B (2%), Tether $2.42 B (1%).
The cryptocurrency market is full of surprises and overhyped assets. Do your research before buying anything.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Weekly Analysis Of Cryptocurrencies (August 18–25, 2018)
- Weekly Analysis Of Digital Currencies (August 25–,September 1, 2018)
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Weekly Analysis Of Cryptocurrencies (September 1–September 8, 2018)
- Weekly Analysis of Cryptocurrency Market (July 21–28, 2018)
- Weekly Analysis of Cryptocurrency Market (July 14–21, 2018)
- Tim Draper Says Total Crypto Market Cap Will Hit $80 Trillion In 15 Years
- Those 3 coins grew FASTER than XRP and surpassed it!
- Bitcoin Falls Suddenly But Tron Jumps Higher
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Polkadot price is showing SUPER strong technicals – How to potentially make 16% in ONE WEEK
- Bitcoin Prices crash amid Market Uncertainty – Is THIS the Start of the Downtrend?
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- CoinGecko Yearly Report 2019 – Important Facts and Summary
- Top 5 Altcoins to BUY in August 2022 – Best Cryptocurrency Investments
- Bitcoin Price is shooting High! Is Bitcoin Back on Track to 60K?
You might also like
More from Free Resources
Every Wednesday going forward, you can tune in to the CryptoTicker Podcast on Spotify , Apple Podcasts and YouTube. Learn …