In a seemingly unprecedented move, it seems the Dallas Mavericks will begin accepting DogeCoin as payment for tickets. Mark Cuba, the crypto-savvy entrepreneur is also the owner of the popular basketball team. The Mavericks will accept DogeCoin as part of the deal with BitPay, the crypto payment provider. Furthermore, BitPay is currently rolling DogeCoin out as one of their payment options for merchants and consumers. The Mavericks have long been supporters of cryptocurrencies. The team began accepting Bitcoin two years ago.
Notably, Steve Pair, BitPay’s CEO said:
“The Dallas Mavericks are a long-time enthusiast of cryptocurrency, opening up new opportunities for the team to sell tickets and merchandise to its global MFFL fan base, BitPay believes that with continued cryptocurrency adoption, the industry is reaching an inflection point that will forever change consumer confidence, trust and pave the way for blockchain payments to disrupt the way consumers and businesses receive and spend funds.”
You can find the full press release here.
BitPay Offers Dogecoin Crypto-Based Payment Services
Also, BitPay allows users to pay with BTC, BCH, ETH, USDC, GUSD, PAX, and BUSD, and now Doge! This move is particularly inspired by Mark Cuban’s son who has been teaching his father about DogeCoin. Moreover, Cuban even publicly stated, “for those of you who would like to learn more about dogecoin we strongly encourage you to talk to your teenagers who are on TikTok and ask them about it. They will be able to explain it all to you,”
DogeCoin was generally perceived as a joke in the crypto community. This year Elon Musk sponsored it in a series of high-profile tweets. The coin rose and stabilized since the tweets and now trades at approximately $0.05 at the time of writing.
Doge rose 1000% due to high-profile adoption from the likes of Elon Musk, Snoop Dog, and even WallStreetBets. Currently, DogeCoin can be purchased at 1,800 cryptocurrency ATMs in the United States. DogeCoin pushes ahead to become a coin at the forefront of mainstream adoption.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Elon Musk Backs out from Twitter – Is Dogecoin Price Affected?
- Dogecoin Price Prediction: Will Elon Musk drive the price of DOGE to $2 by 2023?
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Is $DOGE A Good investment in 2022? Maybe, here’s What you MUST Know
- DOGECOIN Price is Bullish? This Chart confirms a reversal Upwards!
- Puppet Master? How Elon Musk Tweets Affect Bitcoin Price
- Elon Musk is under SEC Investigation…Again?
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- DOGE Price Prediction – How High will Dogecoin reach in 2030?
- Elon Musk HOLDS Dogecoins – THIS is how much
- This Coin is up 150% in 7 days and ELON MUSK seems to love it…It’s also called a “ShitCoin”
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Will Dogecoin Payments on Twitter become a Reality? Elon hints…
- Dogecoin Price eyes USD 0.1 – Does Dogecoin have growth potential?
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Doge Price Prediction – is DOGE 1 Step Closer to 1 Dollar?
- Is SHIBA INU even Alive? SHIB jumped 35% in the past 24 hours!
- Top 3 Dog Tokens to Consider Buying After The Crypto Bear Market is Over
More from Crypto
The crypto market is moving higher! Based on current market trends and expert analysis, here are the top 3 altcoins …
When markets are crashing, investors revert to DCA. Let's dig deeper into what is Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) and explain …