Last month, Uber released a commercial presenting ‘Uber Elevate’, its latest pilot project for air taxis. Developed through a successful collaboration with NASA, this groundbreaking service is expected to provide air travel services at a similar base fare as Uber X. After a crisis-filled year, Uber’s breakthrough is viewed as its saving grace as the ground transport company seeks to disrupt air travel with an entirely new ecosystem for passenger commuting and travel.
VIDEO COURTESY OF UBER
Surprisingly, Uber has not been the only one who has been taking a crack at air travel. In August 2017, California-based Passenger Drone successfully launched its first manned flights. Even the U.S. government has become aware of this gradually expanding playing field – earlier this month, President Trump signed a law that mandates all drone users to register their devices with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
With the rapid development of the aviation industry comes the concerns regarding air safety and the best way to navigate the future highways of the sky. Several innovative blockchain companies have been coming up with solutions for this, and one of the most notable breakthroughs is perhaps the use of smart contracts to create infallible safety protocols for air travel.
Take Blockchain Taxi, one of Passenger Drone’s partners, as an example. By collecting and combining all of Passenger Drone’s flight data, they managed to create a blockchain-backed protocol that will eventually become the smart contract ecosystem that can be used by regulators and enterprises to facilitate a smooth and secure air travel experience for consumers.
In May 2017, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) approved a patent filed by Walmart, one of the largest retailers in America, for a blockchain-based ‘delivery management system’. According to Walmart, the aim of this technology is to improve its ‘last-mile shipping’ – the final stretch extending to the consumers’ homes – with the use of robotics, sensors, and blockchains, often referred to as distributed ledgers. The patent was titled “Unmanned aerial delivery to secure location”.
Thanks to all the recent progress, it is safe to say that air taxis and manned drone flights will gradually make their way into our lives in the near future. Without a doubt, the introduction of both commercial and passenger drones into the mainstream transportation system will redefine our concept of civilization and bring us one step closer to the future that we’ve all envisioned – full of flying cars and floating cities.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Boeing to Develop Blockchain Based Unmanned Vehicles
- Accenture Patent Looks To Offer New Blockchain Tech
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- TravelerToken: Traveling Reimagined
- Fintech World Counts Down To iFX EXPO Dubai
- Crypto Tourism: A New Genre for the Crypto Industry
- Walmart Patent Describes P2P Marketplace
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Crypto millionaires & their shopping sprees
- Amazon may be moving into the Cryptocurrency Space
- Blockchain: music, fashion and social projects
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- Top 5 Blockchain Related Patents of Bank Of America
- ICE Bakkt Bitcoin Futures To Launch On December 12
- XRP relisted, Ripple CEO optimistic about the Lawsuit…BUY XRP in 2023?
- WaltonChain Expands Potential with Partnerships
- How Covesting Is The Next Financial Evolution In The Peer-To-Peer Exponential Expansion
- As the COVID-19 Vaccine Begins to Circulate, IBM Tackles Logistics Via Blockchain.
You might also like
More from Blockchain
Top 5 Altcoins to BUY in May 2023 – Best Crypto Investments!
Altcoins to Buy in May 2023: We just compiled our list of the best cryptos to buy before the end …
Litecoin Price Prediction 2023: Will Litecoin Surge 700% vs Bitcoin?
The founder of Litecoin predicts that LTC/BTC could rally up to 0.025 BTC. In this Litecoin price prediction, we explain …
Ethereum Prediction 2023: Can Ethereum reach $4,000 by Year End?
In this Ethereum prediction 2023 article, we explore trends to assess the potential trajectory of Ethereum in the coming months.