In light of the recent rise in cryptocurrencies, the fin-tech conference MoneyConf gathered some of the world’s leading banks, tech firms and disruptive startups in Ireland for an exciting 3-day conference. At the RDS Arena in Dublin, 100 tech startups that are looking to transform the financial market will get the chance to connect with decision makers in the industry to discuss the future of finance.
Below is an excerpt from the MoneyConf event page:
“Will the blockchain change finance forever? What impact will it have beyond cryptocurrencies? The founders and CEOs of the world’s most innovative fintech startups will join decision makers from major traditional banks to explore the future of money, payments, banking and investing.”
The annual conference gathered some of the biggest names in the finance industry, including HSBC, Visa, Goldman Sachs, MasterCard, and Paypal. These long-time players in the financial world discussed various pressing issues like the rapid modernization of digital delivery of banking services and how traditional financial institutes should transform in order to keep up with other fin-tech players who have risen to their leagues as of late.
On the other hand, fin-tech pioneers and cryptocurrency startups also participated in fireside chats and panel discussions to shed light on some of the most challenging questions in the industry:
- Given that there are now over 5,000 cryptocurrencies to choose from, how do investors pick the best ones to invest their money in?
- How does a cryptocurrency startup manage regulation and compliance when acting in areas of ambiguity?
- What is the next development in smart contract applications?
This year’s MoneyConf also featured over 120 speakers from the finance and tech industries, including the co-founder and CEO of Transferwise, Kristo Kaarmann, the VP of Coinbase, Adam White, as well as the co-founder of Ethereum and Consensys, Joseph Lubin. There were also speakers from other fin-tech startups and financial service providers alike – Circle, Ripple, Deutsche Bank, Credit Karma, ShapeShift, and Bitstamp, to name a few.
MoneyConf 2018 attracted 5,137 attendees from more than 1,000 companies in the financial world – among which were 720 CEOs representing their respective businesses. Organized by the team behind WebSummit – which has been coined the “largest technology conference in the world” by Inc. – MoneyConf has succeeded in bringing the old and the new financial players together for an intellectual discourse in the heart of Ireland.
- TOKEN2049 Singapore Hits 300 Sponsor Milestone, Announces New Headline Speakers
- With Over 10,000 Attendees Confirmed, TOKEN2049 Singapore Sets Record-Breaking Attendee and Sponsor Numbers Amid All-Star Speaker Line-Up
- The largest tech conference in Asia gears up for its annual Hong Kong conference
- New Zealand Crypto Exchange Cryptopia Hacked
- Paranoid Internet Rocks Blockshow Europe 2018
- Africa Blockchain Week features Continent’s Technological Leapfrog
- TOKEN2049 Singapore Set to Be World’s Largest Web3 Event With Over 10,000 Attendees
- Shaping the Blockchain & Crypto Ecosystem at Hong Kong Blockchain Week 2020 November 17-19, With Main Block O2O Virtual Summit on Nov 18th
- SFF x SWITCH 2020 Kicks Off with a Live Global Audience
- CoinAgenda Global Announces First Virtual Conference for Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Fifth Annual CoinAgenda Global Conference
- DEFI and NFT SUMMIT – BRINGING TOGETHER 16+ TOP EXPERTS on JUNE, 10-11
- Bangkok gears up for the Beyond Blocks Summit
- CoinAgenda comes to Malta for its annual Blockchain Conference
- CoinAgenda Global Adds Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Consensus 2022 Review: Here’s How it Went
- Record Breaking Success Cements TOKEN2049 as the World’s Largest Crypto and Web3 Industry Event
- Onfido, Schneider Electric & SAS Lead Exhibitor Line-Up as WFIS Returns to the Philippines
- NFT Tallinn is returning even BIGGER and Bolder in May 2023 – Read On
- Faunus Affiliate Network Hosts The Second Crypto Affiliate & Marketing Conference
- NFT NYC 2023 Review: A Gathering of Optimism in the Digital Art World
You might also like
More from Crypto
olana prices have skyrocketed in recent weeks and months, outpacing Bitcoin. Let's take a look at this Solana price prediction …