GTA 6 – the next installment in the award winning and record breaking Grand Theft Auto series had another potential “map leak” on 09 July, reviewing hopes that the acclaimed sandbox style game series would start featuring “crypto elements” in-game from next release. According to the reports, the map originally existed on GTAForums in a terrible quality video and then vanished, however that didn’t stop a couple of redditors from taking screenshots beforehand, stitching them later and analyzing it extensively.
GTA 6 and Cryptos?
Despite being the only relevant piece of information, released in a long time for the elusive GTA 6 title, fans are suspicious about the authenticity. Rockstar Games, as always, remains tight lipped and refuses to comment on any future plans regarding the title. What does the map show? Vice City locations, a connected terrain featuring various land masses and some in-game activities. There are different activities available such as bowling alley, country club, golf course, movie theater, fishing tournament, sea race etc. Some of these activities are being seen for the first time in a GTA title.
The iconic GTA V was released way back in 2013 and has been continuously rotated on different gaming platforms since then. It’s definitely been a while since the last major Rockstar release. However, Rockstar has shied away from releasing any information about GTA 6 or even confirming that the game is under development. Instead, GTA V multiplayer variant GTA Online has gotten all the attention and periodic Downloadable Content (DLC) packs.
Notable leak specialist Tom Henderson places the GTA 6 release year to be around 2025 and it makes sense, considering Rockstar is still milking the GTA Online dry. Also, according to him, there are likely to be crypto elements featured in-game. For instance, some missions can reward players in crypto (not necessarily named after real- world crypto-assets), instead of $ FIAT and both currencies are likely to exist alongside.
Can GTA 6 switch to an NFT environment?
It’s also possible that the broker system in GTA V might make a comeback in GTA 6 and this time allow players to engage in cryptocurrency trading. What’s the significance of crypto in-game, you ask? It’s likely that the higher level characters might pay players in crypto, when they need to move funds rapidly and privately. Considering the recent mainstream crypto penetration and rising acceptability, it’s also likely that Rockstar might accept cryptocurrency for GTA 6 purchase.
NFTs? Transferable progress? Integration with blockchain based Multiverse? A wild imagination likely, but definitely things that make sense for Rockstar to integrate with their next game. This is considering the fact that the game generally incorporates satirical representations of the American culture. If this happens, this might be the first case of proper crypto elements integration in a major video game. Fingers crossed!
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Is Crypto next in line in the eSports Industry?
- 3 Best NFTs to Buy in September 2022
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Game On: How Nike’s Trailblazing Web3 Strategy Revolutionizes the Digital Frontier
- Top 3 Airdrops March 2022 – Check them out before they END SOON!
- Upland: Become a real-estate mogul with this blockchain game!
- Visit CryptoTicker Offices in The Sandbox Metaverse! Here’s How…
- What Is Bomb Crypto Game? Make Money Playing This Game!
- Top 10 Crypto Gaming Coins: An Overview
- Ethereum for Syria with CryptoCountries & Unicef
- Counter Strike Themed NFT Platform Is Soon Coming To Ethereum Immutable X!
- Gucci’s hottest drop yet, Jack Daniels goes high-tech with AR, and Web3 is taking over – You won’t believe what’s next!
- Step By Step Guide On How To Play DeFi Kingdoms
- Cryptocurrencies: A Risky Asset for Professional Players
- What is 10KTF NFT? Cracking 10KTF NFT Secret
- EtherCup – Bringing Blockchain to the 2018 FIFA World Cup
More from Blockchain
Ethereum phone: designed to seamlessly integrate with EVM chains and layer 2s. It created a significant buzz by selling out …
Within a few months of its introduction, Base protocol has accrued a TVL of $185 million. Is Cardano dead?
Pepe crash: A 20% drop in its price was captured since last week, as per figures from coinmarketcap. Why is …