In the single largest venture-capital fundraising by a bitcoin-related startup to date, digital currency exchange Coinbase has today closed a giant $100 million investment from several investors including a US-based VC firm that previously invested in Dropbox, Netflix, Twitter, Slack and Snap.
Funding will help Coinbase expand
The funding will help Coinbase expand its services to international markets and pay for regulatory costs. It also makes the bitcoin platform the most well-capitalized cryptocurrency company, with more than $200 million in total funding and a post-money valuation of $1.6 billion, nearly triple their rumored valuation in 2015.
This round also makes Coinbase part of what is called a “unicorn” club in the venture capital industry, a company with a valuation greater than $1 billion. It previously raised $117 million over five rounds from a number of high-profile investors including the New York Stock Exchange, USAA Bank, and Spanish banking group BBVA.
- Investing in the Next Big Thing: The Best Crypto VCs of 2023
- VISA makes its second foray into the blockchain space
- Big News: Sequoia Capital will reduce its $213.5 million FTX investment to zero
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Serena Williams invests in Coinbase: Crypto in Spotlight
- Asia vs US on Crypto Funds: Which one performed better?
- This NFT Company got PRAISED by the French President Macron…Meet Sorare!
- 10 Reasons why you should invest in Ripple
- $15 Billion Valuation – Bitmain Will Keep Top Mining Spot
- Top Crypto Accelerator Programs for 2023
- Coinbase Adds Venture Capital and Wall Street Talent
- Coinbase Posts Impressive Profits Despite Market Slump
- What is Happening with FTX? FTX is now being hacked or insiders are making a run with stolen funds?
- Facebook Collects more than $ 1 Billion for Stablecoin
- Aptos NFTs: Everything You Need To Know About Aptos Monkeys
- Sorare to Launch the First NFT-based Fantasy Basketball Game with NBA
- Bain Capital Ventures invests in Indian trading platform CoinDCX
- The Top 10 Most Influential People In Cryptocurrency World
- TechCrunch Founder’s Crypto Fund Tops $100 Million
More from Crypto
Ethereum's staking is booming, but the value of DeFi assets is dropping consistently. Dive into the factors causing this shift, …
Binance news: Visa, and Mastercard have become central characters in a new chapter that every crypto enthusiast must be aware …
Bitcoin price might be met with several obstoacles, with real-world challenges poised to dampen the pace. Will Bitcoin crash further?