In the single largest venture-capital fundraising by a bitcoin-related startup to date, digital currency exchange Coinbase has today closed a giant $100 million investment from several investors including a US-based VC firm that previously invested in Dropbox, Netflix, Twitter, Slack and Snap.
Funding will help Coinbase expand
The funding will help Coinbase expand its services to international markets and pay for regulatory costs. It also makes the bitcoin platform the most well-capitalized cryptocurrency company, with more than $200 million in total funding and a post-money valuation of $1.6 billion, nearly triple their rumored valuation in 2015.
This round also makes Coinbase part of what is called a “unicorn” club in the venture capital industry, a company with a valuation greater than $1 billion. It previously raised $117 million over five rounds from a number of high-profile investors including the New York Stock Exchange, USAA Bank, and Spanish banking group BBVA.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- Serena Williams invests in Coinbase: Crypto in Spotlight
- Asia vs US on Crypto Funds: Which one performed better?
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- This NFT Company got PRAISED by the French President Macron…Meet Sorare!
- Robinhood Gets More Funding – More Crypto?
- 10 Reasons why you should invest in Ripple
- $15 Billion Valuation – Bitmain Will Keep Top Mining Spot
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Adds Venture Capital and Wall Street Talent
- Coinbase Posts Impressive Profits Despite Market Slump
- Bain Capital Ventures invests in Indian trading platform CoinDCX
- XRP Price Prediction – Can XRP reach 2$ before 2022?
- Facebook Collects more than $ 1 Billion for Stablecoin
- Sorare to Launch the First NFT-based Fantasy Basketball Game with NBA
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- TechCrunch Founder’s Crypto Fund Tops $100 Million
- The Top 10 Most Influential People In Cryptocurrency World
- Here’s How Much You Should Invest in Cryptocurrencies
More from Crypto
ETH increased by more than 25% in the past week. Can Ethereum price reach $2,000 before 2023? Let's assess in …
Will Dogecoin reach $1 soon? What will happen to DOGE prices before 2023? Let's analyze in this Dogecoin price prediction …
Trying to get to grips with cryptocurrencies and native Reddit NFT assets looks promising for Reddit's adventure into decentralized finance