Filecoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital storage and data retrieval method. It was first released in July 2014 and conducted an ICO in 2017. The project managed to raise around $200 million, however, it wasn’t until a few days that the cryptocurrency got listed on several exchanges.
The launch of Filecoin has been one of the most awaited launches ever, in the history of the cryptocurrency market. FIL got immediately listed on several popular exchanges like Binance, Bitfinex, Kraken, and many others.
The initial price of FIL exploded towards $200 just hours after the listing, positioning itself in the top 11th with a market capitalization higher than $3 billion at one point.
Of course, the launch was controversial. Justin Sun, the CEO of TRON, also known for being extremely controversial, posted a tweet stating that Filecoin possibly committed an ‘exit scam’.
According to SUN, the team of FIL managed to sell around 800,000 coins on Huobi, destroying the price of the digital asset. Apparently, 1.5 million FIL was transferred into a private wallet, worth around $300 million at its peak.
Perhaps, the fight of Justin Sun with Filecoin goes beyond what happened now. In June 2018, an independent research platform released a document stating that TRON plagiarized some documents from the white paper of Filecoin.
FIL Price Analysis
It seems that FIL has been trading inside a descending parallel channel since its listing on exchanges. The highest peak on Binance was $430, but of course, that didn’t last long. The price stabilized at around $70 before dropping to a current low of $39.
The trading volume of FIL across exchanges has not dropped, in fact, it has significantly increased indicating that the bearish trend is robust. The RSI on the 15-minute chart is extremely overextended but it’s not helping the bulls.
The 12-EMA and the 26-EMA are acting as strong resistance levels. Bulls need to see FIL climb above at least one of the EMAs to have a chance of changing the downtrend.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Tron’s Dream Home giveaway fuels rumors of future developments
- Tron Price is about to DOUBLE? THIS Chart confirms…
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Should You Invest In TRON? : The Story of Tron Blockchain and a Lot of FOMO
- Facebook Contest Winners to Get iPhone X from Tron
- Top 10 Most Trusted People in Crypto: Crooks or Not?
- Justin Sun Supports FCoin Scam, What You Need To Know About It
- Justin Sun: The man behind TRON (TRX) success
- Tron CEO Pays $4.57 Million for Lunch With Warren Buffett
- Is Crypto Exchange Huobi on the Verge of Insolvency?
- Steem Community Gains Control, Exchanges Insolvent On STEEM
- ChainLink Price Continues Surging Above $11 Despite Criticism
- Bitcoin Dips Past $9,000; Tron, EOS and Verge On the Rise
- TRON Partners with Crypto Lending Company Cred to Provide Crypto Loans to TRX Holders
- Filecoin Price Crash: Is Filecoin Headed for Further Declines?
- Tron Breaks into Top 10 Cryptocurrencies, Eyes Top 5
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Aims For Recovery to $20,000
- Filecoin (FIL) Jumps 10% while Bitcoin Consolidates – What is FIL Coin?
- Filecoin Price Prediction: What happened with the FIL Price?
- Filecoin Price Prediction: Why FIL Price is Surging?
More from Filecoin
Will Filecoin rise again? Can FIL reach 180$ again? There is some positivity to this claim, read on through our …