Tesla recently sold some Bitcoins and got bad press out of it. The Bitcoin community has been in uproar as the general ethos of the community dictates that a holder must never sell. However, famous crypto influencer Elon Musk decided to do some damage control and declared that he didn’t sell, but his company did. This confirms that the billionaire personally holds Bitcoin too. He further stated the Elon Musk paradox – that the sell exists to prove liquidity. Was it that only though?
The story so far
The Bitcoin purchase was Tesla was a long-awaited and widely covered event in the crypto world. In Feb 2021, Tesla purchased around $1.5B worth of Bitcoin and Elon Musk also announced that the company planned to begin accepting BTCs for payment of its electric vehicles too. Then, the company announced in its earnings report that it has sold around $272M in Bitcoin. These tokens were sold at a profit of $101M and Tesla still holds the rest. It’s impressive that Tesla was able to cash out such high gains in such a short period of time.
But Elon Musk’s paradox doesn’t make much sense. As the world’s largest cryptocurrency, Bitcoin has excellent liquidity. Liquidity is a measure of how much someone can purchase without significantly affecting the price – in other words, it means how tight is the slippage. Bitcoin has a trillion-dollar market cap and a daily trading volume exceeding tens of billions of dollars. It is traded on all cryptocurrency exchanges and has paired with all other significant crypto-assets including stablecoins.
There was no immediate need for the test liquidation as Elon Musk is signaling, but we guess that there is no bad time for any kind of experimentation. But it doesn’t change the fact that Elon Musk made a “Twitter promise” at the event of Tesla accepting Bitcoins event that the company won’t convert the received BTCs to FIAT. Somehow, they have done exactly that.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- 3 Reasons Why The Crypto Market Crashed! BTC/ETH/XRP Down 10%
- Top 3 Reasons why BITCOIN is about to BOOM
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Elon Musk – The CEO of Tesla OWNS Bitcoin! How much? Read on
- Elon Musk is under SEC Investigation…Again?
- Bitcoin price aims for $100,000 as Tesla invests $1.5 billion as Elon Musk cuts off Dogecoin
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Elon Musk Backs out from Twitter – Is Dogecoin Price Affected?
- Elon Musk, Vitalik Buterin, And ETH Development
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Elon Musk: Cryptocurrency Is Better Than Paper Money
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Crazy market conditions as Elon Musk pumps BTC
- Bitcoin 69420 – Ultimate Meme Value Is Coming Sooner Than You Think!
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Is SHIBA INU even Alive? SHIB jumped 35% in the past 24 hours!
- All about The B Word Conference
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Why Elon Musk was WRONG about Bitcoin
- Elon Musk HOLDS Dogecoins – THIS is how much
- Bitcoin Hits New All-Time-High as Tesla Purchases $1.5 Billion.
You might also like
More from Bitcoin
What's next for Bitcoin now? Will Bitcoin reach $30,000 soon? Let's analyze in this Bitcoin price prediction article.