Edward Snowden, the ex-CIA employee, and a whistle-blower has tweeted his support for the digital currency Zcash. According to Snowden, the founders’ reward has encouraged and finances the team to approach concerns that recognized and patched by them recently. He tweeted
Zcash has patched a vulnerability that could have allowed an attacker to coin infinite Zcash (ZEC).
Zcash Counterfeiting Vulnerability
Ariel Gabizon, an engineer at the Zerocoin Electric Coin Company which is behind privacy-focused cryptocurrency Zcash found the vulnerability before his speech at the Financial Cryptography 2018 conference in March 2018. Eleven months ago the company found a simulation vulnerability in the cryptography holding some sorts of zero-knowledge proofs.
The counterfeiting vulnerability was patched by the Sapling network upgrade that initiated on October 28th, 2018. The vulnerability was explicit to counterfeiting and did not influence user privacy. Prior to its remediation, an attacker could have generated fake Zcash without being disclosed. The counterfeiting vulnerability has been fully solved in Zcash.
On March 1, 2018, Ariel Gabizon, a cryptographer hired by the Zcash Company had found a complex cryptographic flaw in the [BCTV14] paper that explains the zk-SNARK system employed in the primary launch of Zcash. The defect enables an attacker to build counterfeit shielded value.
After discovering the vulnerability, Ariel instantly reached another cryptographer at the Zcash Company, Sean Bowe. After Sean verified the presence of the vulnerability, Zooko Wilcox (CEO of the Zcash Company) and Nathan Wilcox (CTO of the Zcash Company) were instructed. Through precise coordination, the counterfeiting vulnerability was alleviated in the Zcash network without any associated further exposure outside this group of four people.
Edward Snowden has praised Zcash and insisted that the much-debated founders’ reward is crucial to draw the best brains to work on the Zcash project. For him, such a regular amount of the developers enables them to identify problems and patch them before they can be abused by attackers.
To utilize the counterfeiting vulnerability, an attacker would have required to hold data obtained in the big MPC protocol transcript that was available soon after the launch of Zcash.
Disclaimer: This information should not be interpreted as an endorsement of any cryptocurrency. It is not a recommendation to trade. The crypto market is full of surprises and overhyped assets. Do your research before buying anything. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Steemit, and join our Telegram channel for the latest blockchain and cryptocurrency news.
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- What is Zcash (ZEC)? Why are Investors Buying ZEC?
- Chinese Internet Security Company Finds Critical Vulnerabilities In EOS Blockchain
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Ethereum’s Hard Fork Delayed Due to Security Vulnerability
- Freedom of The Press Foundation Now Accepts Donations in Five Cryptocurrencies
- What is Monero (XMR) Crypto? Is Edward Snowden Behind This Project too?
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- A Major Bug In Bitcoin Core Could Have Crashed the Whole Network
- Revealed: The ‘Unknown’ dev who detected the BCH Bug
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- White Hat hacker has Discovered Vulnerabilities in Ethereum DApp Augur
- ISO Rejects NSA’s Latest IoT Encryption Ciphers Over Surveillance Fears
- Bitcoin Immutability Is A Shared Myth- A Brief History Of Tx Reversals And Chain Rollbacks
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Cryptographers, IOTA and leaked emails
- Vulnerabilities found in Monero
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Ethereum – Constantinople Hardfork Goes Live
- Stellar (XLM) Silently Patched a 2.25 Billion XLM Inflation Bug in 2017
- Getting Rid Of Cryptocurrencies Now Is Like Selling Apple and Amazon Stocks in 2001
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Dogecoin Price takes a dip: Is it time to buy the dip or bailout?
Following a relatively strong Q4 2022, the Dogecoin price performance has been rather weak in recent days.
An AI Bot predicted Polygon MATIC price by the end of 2023…NOT GOOD?
Matic prices are currently retracing. How high can MATIC price reach by the end of 2023? Well, an AI bot …
Top 5 Cryptocurrencies Of The Week – Week 9
We have compiled a list of the top 5 cryptocurrencies of the week based on their performance over the last …